The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Newcastle & Lincoln

Hi! I would like to pursue my degree in International Business in UK. I have a hard time to choose between Northumbria and University of Lincoln. I understand that Newcastle is a much bigger city and is way more happening than Lincoln. But personally i do prefer the traditional buildings in Lincoln. I'm from a city in my country and i don't hate neither of them. I'm confuse as i am afraid if i choose Lincoln i'm gonna regret about giving up chance in exploring a bigger city.

Btw, i've done my research as well as consult my agent and both of the university have similar teaching qualities.

And if i plan to go to other city for a short visit during weekend, is the location of Lincoln more strategic?

Please give me some advice and some idea or pros and cons of being in a small and big city.

Your help is much appreciated! Thanks!
Reply 1
I basically won't waste time considering the unis you mentioned.

Lincoln hardly known nationally and needless to say internationally.

Northtumbria is a refuge for those who cant make it to Newcastle uni.

No offence to anyone, just my honest opinion.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Laob
I basically won't waste time considering the unis you mentioned.

Lincoln hardly known nationally and needless to say internationally.

Northtumbria is a refuge for those who cant make it to Newcastle uni.

No offence to anyone, just my honest opinion.

Yep, you're uninformed and ignorant opinion. Northumbria has its strengths, as all universities do, and one of those is Business. In fact, Newcastle Business School is owned by Northumbria, not Newcastle.
Reply 3
Original post by River85
Yep, you're uninformed and ignorant opinion. Northumbria has its strengths, as all universities do, and one of those is Business. In fact, Newcastle Business School is owned by Northumbria, not Newcastle.

does that little-bit-of-no-significance actually console and make you feel better about north-bum-bria? :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest