The Student Room Group

HNC in Media and Communication at City of Glasgow College

Hey, I was wondering who else has accepted an offer from City of Glasgow College
for the 2014/15 HNC in Media and Communication course starting in August.
So excited( and nervous!) to start the course and meet lots of new people!
Original post by FarBex
Hey, I was wondering who else has accepted an offer from City of Glasgow College
for the 2014/15 HNC in Media and Communication course starting in August.
So excited( and nervous!) to start the course and meet lots of new people!

Hi there. I know it's not what you started this thread for but would you mind telling me how the course has been so far in terms of workload, stress enjoyment etc? I'm considering joining on for next year since my current HND in Technical Support isn't as enjoyable as I'd hoped.
Reply 2
Original post by LiamTheAnimator
Hi there. I know it's not what you started this thread for but would you mind telling me how the course has been so far in terms of workload, stress enjoyment etc? I'm considering joining on for next year since my current HND in Technical Support isn't as enjoyable as I'd hoped.

Hia there, no bother at all.
It's been pretty enjoyable overall to be honest. We had a very light work load to start off with, we're only in 2 1/2 days a week, but they did pile it on there for a while! It's thinning out now as the holidays approach. But i guess it's how you manage it as it's given.
Stress can be a mixed bag, the staff are a little lax about getting stuff marked for ya, but are usually helpful if asked anything directly.
And they're all pretty understanding when it comes to computer disasters and deadlines.
Not gonna lie, some classes are downright boring. But there are a few that a great fun too! I prefer the more hands on stuff, like being given the run of a radio booth, or video camera equipment, sometime you feel like you're being thrown in the deep end, but thats a good thing.
The tutors for the most part are pretty great too, again i prefer the more relaxed ones, with a sense of humor.

I have had one tutor i HATE! but he was just a substitute... a sexist, misogynistic substitute ... lol woops

Hope some of that helps. sorry you're not enjoying your course, that sucks.
Original post by FarBex
Hia there, no bother at all.
It's been pretty enjoyable overall to be honest. We had a very light work load to start off with, we're only in 2 1/2 days a week, but they did pile it on there for a while! It's thinning out now as the holidays approach. But i guess it's how you manage it as it's given.
Stress can be a mixed bag, the staff are a little lax about getting stuff marked for ya, but are usually helpful if asked anything directly.
And they're all pretty understanding when it comes to computer disasters and deadlines.
Not gonna lie, some classes are downright boring. But there are a few that a great fun too! I prefer the more hands on stuff, like being given the run of a radio booth, or video camera equipment, sometime you feel like you're being thrown in the deep end, but thats a good thing.
The tutors for the most part are pretty great too, again i prefer the more relaxed ones, with a sense of humor.

I have had one tutor i HATE! but he was just a substitute... a sexist, misogynistic substitute ... lol woops

Hope some of that helps. sorry you're not enjoying your course, that sucks.

That sounds pretty great. I was in HND Computer Art & Design last year and really enjoyed that. What you've described seems to resemble it quite a bit. I can happily deal with a boring class over an intense stressful one so that's no problem. I'm quite OCD with work so I'd likely break the workload down as it's given to avoid a pile up.

I think my Art class gave me so much variety and freedom that I can't go back to heavily theory based subjects like Tech support, not enough practical for me and it's restrictive by nature.

Definitely enticed by the media course but I'll need to be careful since I've only got one year of funding left so I'll need to be absolutely certain what I'm doing. I'd be banking on the career prospects of the HNC with no HND.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending