The Student Room Group

Guy calling a girl 'buddy' or 'pal

So when a guy calls a girl buddy or pal is it friend zoning? Or not..?
Reply 1
Sometimes..
galpal?
lmao, are people still on this whole 'friendzone' thing?

It probably means the girl is their friend, if that's what you mean
Reply 4
Original post by Liquid Swordsman
lmao, are people still on this whole 'friendzone' thing?

It probably means the girl is their friend, if that's what you mean

Well is it their way of saying they aren't interested?
Original post by Anonymous
Well is it their way of saying they aren't interested?

I think you're way over-thinking it
It depends on the person methinks ...
sometimes I say dude and that doesn't mean I'm friendzoning
sometimes I say honey/darling doesn't mean I want to jump your bones

try not to overthink it, and look for other signs :smile:
Reply 7
That's sometimes how I see it. But it might be his way of trying to be subtle. Depends on the guy really. Don't think too much into it! I'd look for other indicators!
Could be an other word for mate.
Original post by MidnightDream
It depends on the person methinks ...
sometimes I say dude and that doesn't mean I'm friendzoning
sometimes I say honey/darling doesn't mean I want to jump your bones

try not to overthink it, and look for other signs :smile:

Dude? Which decade are you living in? :tongue:
Hmmm if the guy was trying to get with you, I don't think he would use the word pal or buddy unless he has no game whatsoever :rofl2:
It means they've been watching too much Terrence and Philip, buddy.
Original post by Anonymous
So when a guy calls a girl buddy or pal is it friend zoning? Or not..?

If he sees you in a lustful way, then I doubt he would be able to call you that... It's too weird imo, but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Either way, if this is about you, then maybe you should give him a flirty vibe
You are seriously in the FRIENDZONE. Just remember that straight guys don't typically have female friends-what they have is "but i wouldn't say no to her" friends.
If you are a straight person male or female if she calls you pal or buddy she,s trying to put you in the friend zone so what should you do you let her or him whatever the case know right away that you want more than friend ship it may not work but at least you let her know what you want and if she rejects your invite its ok cause see she was never gonna like you like that any way but if you tell her then give her some space she might look at you difretly and so then you a least gave it your best shot,its tough but thats the truth,.good luck
i can call you darling hubby sweetie baby daddy babes love and still not like you like that
God knows , people have all sorts of terms of endearment : ****, love, hun, doll, darling, ***** :dontknow:
Ok you never really know about a girl unroll you get a kiss mean a passionate kiss but if she only justs likes you she,'ll. Want touch you, she will call you pal or buddy or worse friend so you gotta make it clear say I really like you but I can be just your friend so let me know if we could ever be more don't let her answer walk away and let her think on it for 2 or 3 days then show up but be confident knowing she may never change her mind but it may force her to look at you differently and she may realize I am going to lose him altogether is that what I really want,,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending