The Student Room Group

HELP! Haven't slept.

I have really high anxiety issues and around exam time it gets so bad.
(At GCSE my hair started to fall out :frown:)
My first exam is tomorrow at 1:00 PM... I'm going to fail aren't I? :'(
I really tried hard to sleep too.
Reply 1
Please someone answer. I feel like not even showing up. :'(
Good luck in your exam tomorrow. It's natural to have anxiety but you should try to get some sleep so you can concentrate during the exam. If you drink warm milk and eat really starchy or sugary food like bread, it will make you sleepy. And as long as you have revised you won't fail.
Reply 3
Original post by WitnessMO
Good luck in your exam tomorrow. It's natural to have anxiety but you should try to get some sleep so you can concentrate during the exam. If you drink warm milk and eat really starchy or sugary food like bread, it will make you sleepy. And as long as you have revised you won't fail.

Thank you :frown: would you suggest getting an hours sleep? I have to be in college by nine.
Original post by chloehvy
Thank you :frown: would you suggest getting an hours sleep? I have to be in college by nine.

yeah sure, it's better than nothing, just set your alarm or ask someone to work you later.
Panic is the worst, it makes it super hard to think and also makes you misread questions. so don't panic (just pretend you're chilling at home doing a past paper). You definitely need to get some sleep, and even if you dont do as good as you want to you can always take retake the exams next year with less pressure on your shoulders.

Good luck :smile:
soz but yur lif is ovar you goin to fail bru-son
You'll do fine as long as you don't fall asleep during the exam, just get some work done and maybe a quick hour of sleep if you have time :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have really high anxiety issues and around exam time it gets so bad.
(At GCSE my hair started to fall out :frown:)
My first exam is tomorrow at 1:00 PM... I'm going to fail aren't I? :'(
I really tried hard to sleep too.

I'm finding it so hard to sleep too, been up since 4am revising now

exam at 9.00 today
Hehe, don't worry! I did 5.5 hours of exams on the back of 2 hours sleep for my AS exams, I managed to score 2 A grades (in Mathematics and English Literature) and a B (in Politics, which I hadn't really revised that much for) on the day. The one great thing about exam stress is that you'll forget your even tired when you're in the exam because your mind is so focused and awake.

By the way, my Literature exam was at 1:30pm and it lasted two and a half hours. I don't think I even yawned, to be honest :P
You'll be fine. The samething happened to me. It just shows you're taking this seriously, which is a good thing.

Try to get some shut eye, but if you can't, it won't matter. Just load up on caffeine and be calm when the exam begins. Read the questions carefully and like always (if you've done the revision) the answers will automatically pour out.

It's perfectly normal to feel like you've forgotten everything.

Just read and re read your notes 2hrs before the exam

p/s why do you have to be in so early?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
I know exactly how your feeling, I suffer from anxiety too. You just have to remember that sleep helps your brain sort out all the info you've revised so it is important. My second exam is today at 1.30pm. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by 2ndClass
You'll be fine. The samething happened to me. It just shows you're taking this seriously, which is a good thing.

Try to get some shut eye, but if you can't, it won't matter. Just load up on caffeine and be calm when the exam begins. Read the questions carefully and like always (if you've done the revision) the answers will automatically pour out.

It's perfectly normal to feel like you've forgotten everything.

Just read and re read your notes 2hrs before the exam

p/s why do you have to be in so early?

Thanks so much! I really do feel like I've forgotten everything haha! I hope I can retain enough to get a B at least.

General Studies exam in the morning, yawn, not going to try with it!
Good luck! You'll be absolutely fine! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much! I really do feel like I've forgotten everything haha! I hope I can retain enough to get a B at least.

General Studies exam in the morning, yawn, not going to try with it!

Ok, good luck, and please try hard with your general studies exam too! (assuming it counts to your final A levels)

Hopefully everything goes well :yy:
Reply 15
Ok, good luck, and please try hard with your general studies exam too! (assuming it counts to your final A levels)

Hopefully everything goes well :yy:

I did!! The questions were about art and feminism and that faired really well for me. Now for geography... Which I am not prepared for.
Feeling a lot less tired now also haha.
I did!! The questions were about art and feminism and that faired really well for me. Now for geography... Which I am not prepared for.
Feeling a lot less tired now also haha.

How did it go?
Reply 17
How did it go?

Everyone thought it was one of the worst papers geography has ever bestowed, luckily it wasn't my tiredness that made me think this too, it was just hard haha.
Thanks for asking!
Reply 18
It may be late to answer now, but to anyone in the future taking exams in a couple days, consider this.

If you feel stress before exams, that's good, in fact it's great because stress causes your brain to be more aware and keeps adrenaline on standby. This also means that your memory is improved by a large percentage, therefore studying now is not too late because you will remember much more than the usual remembering curve (if u know what that is).
Use it to your advantage, or if you really need sleep then do the following crazy thing: Turn on the shower, make it as cold as possible and just stare at it. Ask yourself similar questions: is it scary? Will it do any harm? What could possibly happen to me?
If you have met a realisation than there is nothing to fear and jumped in (even for a second) then you have shown self discipline and determination. You can probably guess its a good sign.
You will also use up some adrenaline and stress making you SO much less worried for exams, you will be more relaxed and will fall asleep.

Good Luck and tell me if you succeeded.

Quick Reply

Latest