The Student Room Group

Who will win the World Cup?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I hope Messi carries Argentina all the way to the trophy, much in the same way Maradona did.
Original post by e aí rapaz
I'm pretty sure the final has to be just two teams.

No this years WC final will have three teams in. New fifa rule.
Iran! lol.
Hup Holland Hup!
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
South American World Cup.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many people have been saying that a South American team will win the World Cup, but i think that it is too optimistic. Anyway, i don't really care about the winner of the world cup.
Original post by Imranfr0
Many people have been saying that a South American team will win the World Cup, but i think that it is too optimistic. Anyway, i don't really care about the winner of the world cup.

Every South American World Cup has been won by a South American team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want Switzerland to win :biggrin:
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Every South American World Cup has been won by a South American team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There haven't been enough of them to be considered even remotely statistically significant.
Germany will reach the finals.

Argentina can win it if they fix that defence.

if Chile beat Brazil they can also win it.

France could surprise us all...I think they have a chance too.

Unsure now tbh brahzzz
Original post by pane123
There haven't been enough of them to be considered even remotely statistically significant.

That depends on how to definite significant really. But I think by some significance standards it would actually qualify. It's definitely Bayesian so I'm not going to crunch the numbers although you are welcome to if you wish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
well, well, well! Four teams left, two countries each from south America and Europe. Who will walk out victorious? I will stick with my first choice - Germany.
Germany have got to be favourites. They're a complete team who play as a team. Brazil have been very average this tournament and haven't got Neymar or Silva for the semi. Argentina have been relatively poor too and my money is on Holland to get past them in 90 mins. So it'll be a classic Germany v Holland final.
Well we're down the final four.

Germany vs. Brazil
Argentina vs. Netherlands

Brazil have lost Neymar to injury and Thiago Silva is suspended.
Argentina have lost Di Maria to injury.

I think Germany and Netherlands have all their players fit?
I really want Brazil to win but I don't think they will

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Holland but want to hear your opinions!
Original post by QueenFazzy22
I think Holland but want to hear your opinions!

Germany, I hope. Love their team although I did want France to win, was gutted about that.
I'd be willing to place bets on Germany winning this one.
Moved to the world cup thread
Germany or Netherlands
Praying for a Brazil vs Argentina final. There looks to be almost no segregation between fans so if Brazil lose it will kick off.

Quick Reply

Latest