The Student Room Group

2nd year nursing student to midwifery 2nd year??

Hi

I'm desperately need of advice and information. I am in my 2nd year at university studying nursing (towards the end now) but I wanted to transfer to midwifery - would this mean I'd have to do three years again or could I simply transfer to 3rd midwifery?

Please get back to me!

Thank you!!:smile:
I'd say it's unlikely as the course structure won't be the same as far as I'm aware, I don't think midwifery courses have a common foundation first year. Try having a chat with your uni about it and see what they say, but I think you'll probably have to apply to start at the beginning.
Reply 2
Original post by moonkatt
I'd say it's unlikely as the course structure won't be the same as far as I'm aware, I don't think midwifery courses have a common foundation first year. Try having a chat with your uni about it and see what they say, but I think you'll probably have to apply to start at the beginning.

Ok thank you for your reply :smile:
Original post by SoftMusk
Ok thank you for your reply :smile:

I don't know what point of your academic year you're at, but it might make more sense to finish as a nurse and then look into applying for the short midwifery course. I've heard it can be as competitive as the undergrad course but at least you'd be able to work as a nurse on the side and support yourself financially a lot better than as a student.

Quick Reply

Latest