The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology Unit 1

Scroll to see replies

I'm hoping the 5 markers are not on immunity or lungs!

Not prepared at all, especially on immunity considering we had one and a half weeks to revise it in class.

Good luck guys :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugh immunity is really annoying -.-
I'm going to squeeze in a couple hours revision in the morning xD. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Best of luck tomorrow
How did everyone find it?? It was quite good overall, the 5 markers were beautiful!!! Hated the immunity questions though -___-

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you put for the vaccination stuff? I had no idea what to put!!! But the 5 markers were a dream:')
Original post by TheSprintKing
What did you put for the vaccination stuff? I had no idea what to put!!! But the 5 markers were a dream:')

I don't remember at all what I put for the immunity questions that's how bad it went haha, and I left two of the questions out whoops

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by taaaaahira
I don't remember at all what I put for the immunity questions that's how bad it went haha, and I left two of the questions out whoops

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh bless you!! They were very tricky, didn't really seem to be an answer, I wrote about antigenic variability, but that's more unit 2 surely? I also said something about different parts of the cell having different antigens??
The only thing is that every person I have spoken to has said the 5 markers were amazing and easy ... which means that's like 8-10 easy marks for most people.
I think the grade boundaries are going to be high this year.
Original post by Fuenciado
The only thing is that every person I have spoken to has said the 5 markers were amazing and easy ... which means that's like 8-10 easy marks for most people.
I think the grade boundaries are going to be high this year.

Yeah same I think it will too. Terrified for biol2.

FYI I really like your username and avatar :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I guess we better get the unofficial mark scheme going soon.
This is all off the top of my head, I might have worded it wrong, might have got the marks wrong. If people want to start feeding answers through I can edit this post with them and the correct wording of the questions. Thanks for your time.

1. Describe how Phospholipids are arranged in a plasma membrane (2 marks)

b. The role played by the RER in production of the enzyme (2 marks)
c. The role played by the Golgi Apparatus in secretion of the enzyme (1 mark)

2. Outline 2 factors which are classed as a risk factor for CHD (2 marks)
b. Some cardiac tissues dies and this leads to Myocardial infarction explain how this happens (3 marks)

3 a. Describe how a phagocyte destroys a bacterium (3 marks)

4 a. use the diagram of the kidney epithelium cell to suggest 2 features which are required for absorption of glucose (2 marks)
ii) Explain how they increase absorption of glucose (2 marks)

b) How does absorption of glucose increase uptake of water into the cell (2 marks)

5 a. look at the graphs regarding the dogs blood flow into aorta and pressure changes in ventricles to explain the link between these 2. (something on those lines) (2 marks)

b. Use the graph. The effect of thickness of muscle cell on pressure (2 marks)

c. Calculate the heart rate (2 marks)

6. Explain why we use a control (2 mark)

b.State 2 reasons why we had to give the mice the same food (2 marks).

c. Describe why there was a low concentration of glucose in the lumen when the inhibitor was present (3 marks)

d. Question regarding why the inhibitor was regarded as ineffective (3 marks)

7 a. Describe the graph (3 marks)

b.(fibrosis formed from tb) Explain why people with TB had lower PEV (3 marks)

8. a. Something about why did a vaccine containing the whole bacterium cause more side-effects than one which only contained parts of the bacterium (3 marks)

b. Why are loads of different antibodies produced (something like that) (2 marks)

c. Something about only 4% of people had ongoing hooping cough how did the scientist's arrive at this conclusion (3 marks)

d. Forgotten what the question was, why increase in hooping cough? (2 marks)

9 a. Explain why Maltase only breaks down Maltose, why does this happen at body temperature. (5 marks)

b. Explain in terms of the effect on enzymes how Competitive and Non-competitive inhibitors effect the enzymes (5 mark)
Original post by propagation

Make a new thread :biggrin:
Original post by taaaaahira
Yeah same I think it will too. Terrified for biol2.

FYI I really like your username and avatar :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh same, I don't feel like I know the content as well as B1 content and also there are more application questions :cry2:

and thank you aha, it's such a lovely picture :tongue:
Add me on kik: JackShepards and we will try getting an unnoficial mark scheme/discuss the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending