The Student Room Group

A-Level Environmental Studies exams 2nd and 4th June

I noticed there isn't a forum for this yet, so i thought I'd create one so we can ask each other things that we don't understand or what we think might come up :smile:
What maths questions does everyone think will come up this year, as they seem to be asking more maths than usual recently?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sipperz
I noticed there isn't a forum for this yet, so i thought I'd create one so we can ask each other things that we don't understand or what we think might come up :smile:
What maths questions does everyone think will come up this year, as they seem to be asking more maths than usual recently?!

AQA?
Reply 2
Original post by propagation
AQA?

Yeah, I'm doing ENVS3 and ENVS4 this year, what are you doing?
Original post by sipperz
Yeah, I'm doing ENVS3 and ENVS4 this year, what are you doing?

I think you got the dates wrong, it's the 04 and 06.
I am doing the same exams and all the AS exams as I have studied the whole A-level in one year.
If I may, which college do you go to? As far as I know only a few centres teach the subject.
Reply 4
I think you got the dates wrong, it's the 04 and 06.
I am doing the same exams and all the AS exams as I have studied the whole A-level in one year.
If I may, which college do you go to? As far as I know only a few centres teach the subject.

Ah yeah i did put them in wrong... I don't think i can change it now though...
I go to Richard Huish College in Somerset, you?
Original post by sipperz
Ah yeah i did put them in wrong... I don't think i can change it now though...
I go to Richard Huish College in Somerset, you?

Oh okay, I go to exeter college in devon. So not to far away.
Original post by sipperz

I really dislike when they ask maths questions as I struggle to even do the simplest of maths questions sometimes >.> I think they will probably ask percentage type questions and there is also this formula you use to figure out some data on the Unit 4 on some table... But I've forgotten what that was called now. I'm hoping that this year is different and that the maths is minimal!
Original post by EmilyStrange13
I really dislike when they ask maths questions as I struggle to even do the simplest of maths questions sometimes >.> I think they will probably ask percentage type questions and there is also this formula you use to figure out some data on the Unit 4 on some table... But I've forgotten what that was called now. I'm hoping that this year is different and that the maths is minimal!

The maths isn't that bad, the maths in Biology is a pain.
I do this too! How are you finding the revision?
Original post by tamararosa
I do this too! How are you finding the revision?

Haven't started so I can't really say, but I am sure it will be fine, just not looking forward to some of the exam technique for stupid questions.
Reply 10
Not really looking forward to envs3 exam. Its the unit I am least interested in so I think that makes it harder
Original post by Loopym
Not really looking forward to envs3 exam. Its the unit I am least interested in so I think that makes it harder

I found unit 3 more interesting than Unit 4!
Original post by Loopym

I agree, it's got a lot of info which isn't very exciting... Quite worried about unit 3!
Hey how are you all revising for envs3 and envs4 at the moment? Because I'm doing posters, writing bits out and papt papers but I feel like it's not going in and I'm not answering the exam questions right!!?
Reply 14
I found unit 3 more interesting than Unit 4!

Unit 4 isnt overly interesting but it seems like a walk in the park, and a welcome change after unit 3 haha!

Hate how close together the exams are though. I like to focus on one unit at a time
Original post by Loopym
Unit 4 isnt overly interesting but it seems like a walk in the park, and a welcome change after unit 3 haha!

Hate how close together the exams are though. I like to focus on one unit at a time

Yeah, I am a bit annoyed about that, that means I have only 2 days to revise unit 4 :/
Reply 16
Hi Guys,

I am taking this exam as well. However, I seem to really struggle with not only on the EVS3 but in general the whole of the Environmental Studies exams. I am resitting this exam since I took it last year but did not get the result I needed. At the moment I cannot even seem to get a C for this subject. I can honestly say I did much better in my other exams over the years, even the most difficult ones. But this exams seems to be my worst nightmare. I think my exam technique may be the reason for this. I was hoping if you guys can help me to pass this exam to at least a C. I give up on attaining an A.
Reply 17
Hi Guys,

I am taking this exam as well. However, I seem to really struggle with not only on the ENVS3 but in general the whole of the Environmental Studies exams. I am resitting this exam since I took it last year but did not get the result I needed. At the moment I cannot even seem to get a C for this subject. I can honestly say I did much better in my other exams over the years, even the most difficult ones. But this exams seems to be my worst nightmare. I think my exam technique may be the reason for this. I was hoping if you guys can help me to pass this exam to at least a C. I give up on attaining an A.:frown:
Original post by Mase123
Hi Guys,

I am taking this exam as well. However, I seem to really struggle with not only on the EVS3 but in general the whole of the Environmental Studies exams. I am resitting this exam since I took it last year but did not get the result I needed. At the moment I cannot even seem to get a C for this subject. I can honestly say I did much better in my other exams over the years, even the most difficult ones. But this exams seems to be my worst nightmare. I think my exam technique may be the reason for this. I was hoping if you guys can help me to pass this exam to at least a C. I give up on attaining an A.

Want to test each other?
Original post by Mase123
Hi Guys,

I am taking this exam as well. However, I seem to really struggle with not only on the ENVS3 but in general the whole of the Environmental Studies exams. I am resitting this exam since I took it last year but did not get the result I needed. At the moment I cannot even seem to get a C for this subject. I can honestly say I did much better in my other exams over the years, even the most difficult ones. But this exams seems to be my worst nightmare. I think my exam technique may be the reason for this. I was hoping if you guys can help me to pass this exam to at least a C. I give up on attaining an A.:frown:

I'm finding it pretty difficult too! How are you revising???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending