The Student Room Group

First posting R.A.F

Hi new to this but their is nothing on the R.A.F To say what happens on the first day to your first unit. Is their people you have to call and is their a reception on base so u sign in. Jw what goes on , as their is nothing at all about it :angry:
If you're successful in getting into the RAF these details would be included in your joining instructions. as they would be for each subsequent posting.
First day of a first posting would generally include a tour around the stations facilities.

All information will be provided as and when you need it.
Original post by pajoka
Hi new to this but their is nothing on the R.A.F To say what happens on the first day to your first unit. Is their people you have to call and is their a reception on base so u sign in. Jw what goes on , as their is nothing at all about it :angry:

Hi Pajoka,

To enable us to help you out a bit more it would be helpful to provide some more details about yourself.

This sort of question is a bit strange, since people are generally given the information they require as and when they need it; in this case it would be in the form of a joining instruction that details where to meet and how to get there. You'd usually receive this through the post to your home or work address.

If you're due to start your basic training in the RAF, then you should have been mailed a JI, if you've not received one then I'd give Halton/ Cranwell a call and chase one up! If you're through basic and are joining a Phase II / Frontline unit then it's down to them to give you the info; which you should have received at your Phase I unit.

If neither of those two options apply to you then it's not really something you need to be thinking about as there are plenty of more important things that come beforehand in the joining process than where to sign in on your first frontline unit :P

Hope that helps!

EDIT:

I've just seen your post about joining as a Firefighter next year. The third option I gave above applies to you - it doesn't matter to you right now. I would focus on trying to successfully apply to join before worrying where the tea bar/ volleyball court is on your first station :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Thankyou appreciate it . Worry about silly things when I shouldn't . But you saying after phase 2 trade training u get joining instruction for your first posting and information on wht to do on the first day . Sorry to keep going on :frown:
In the Forces, you always get told what to do next and where to go. STOP worrying.
Original post by pajoka
Thankyou appreciate it . Worry about silly things when I shouldn't . But you saying after phase 2 trade training u get joining instruction for your first posting and information on wht to do on the first day . Sorry to keep going on :frown:

It's the military. You get told where to be at what time and what will happen. Once you finish your trade training you'll get given joining instructions telling you to go to whichever station you're being based at, on whatever date and who to report to. It's not really something you should be fussing over at the moment, focus on getting into the RAF first.
Reply 7
I know I shouldn't worry about it , my uncle was in the R.A.F and he was very high rank and he said they will look after you and they are not going to let you in a station without official documents and stuff from your phase 2 . I guess it just me
Original post by pajoka
I know I shouldn't worry about it , my uncle was in the R.A.F and he was very high rank and he said they will look after you and they are not going to let you in a station without official documents and stuff from your phase 2 . I guess it just me

Like I've said, it's the military. Chill out. You will be told where to be, when to be there and quite often you'll have someone making sure you're there five minutes before you're supposed to be there. Stop worrying about this and focus on getting into the forces first.
Reply 9
Original post by ProStacker
In the Forces, you always get told what to do next and where to go. STOP worrying.

... most of the time :smile:
Original post by Wzz
... most of the time :smile:

Chances are if you haven't been told what to do and aren't smart enough to either figure it out yourself or ask someone who does know then you probably won't be missed wherever it is you're supposed to be. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest