The Student Room Group

Audi a1 s line or Volvo c30 1.6d R line (£12000 budget)

Buying second hand so not brand new, need advice on which one to go for if anyone ever owned any of these two.

Twelve grand budget and I intend to keep the car for at least 3 years.

Audi wise I'd either go for 1.4 tfsi engine or 1.6 diesel

Volvo I'd only go for 1.6d for economy

Feel free to add some more suggestions car wise, but looking to buy few years old with around 20-30k miles on max
The Volvo.
Reply 2
Audi, hands down !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends what your needs from the car are? What's most important to you?

Personally I prefer the Audi though, I think it's a really nice car.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Miza

Buying second hand so not brand new, need advice on which one to go for if anyone ever owned any of these two.

Twelve grand budget and I intend to keep the car for at least 3 years.

Audi wise I'd either go for 1.4 tfsi engine or 1.6 diesel

Volvo I'd only go for 1.6d for economy

Feel free to add some more suggestions car wise, but looking to buy few years old with around 20-30k miles on max

Or why not purchase this beast for £5 under your budget:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Maserati-Quattroporte-4-2-Seq-Only-33600-Miles-/151265136647?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item23381ad007
audi a1 looks way better
Reply 6
I'm more keen on audi myself, I need something good looking high quality, nice to be sitting in and something that will do around 50 mpg on a run and would keep me entertained for 3 years at least
Audi A1! Get the 1.6 Diesel I think it is more appropriate for that car. But have you test driven those cars? You might not like the audi or the volvo.
Y333EEE speaks sense. However, if for some reason you don't like that BMW, definitely go for the Volvo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I've had a go in a t5 c30 polestar.
I'm sure it was quite quick... actually, I know it was. However, you don't really get much of a sensation of speed. I *know* it was quick but it felt dog slow. Now that's really what you don't want - that's a recipe for a licence looser.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending