The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Animal Behaviour and Welfare 2014 - Reaseheath College

Scroll to see replies

Hey I thought I would introduce myself here as well. My name is Katie, I am a freshers crew member and a second year Zoo Management student. So if anyone has any questions about the Zoo course, I don't mind answering them :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by Rosiekealey
Does the timetable stay the same throughout the whole year? Because at my sisters uni her timetable changes every semester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the timetable stayed the same :smile:
Are we taking it that our book list for the first term is the one they sent in the introduction pack thingy?

Also 2nd years- few quick questions for you :tongue:
On average how much fridge/freezer space do you get if you self cater?
I was told you have to pay for the washing machines, but does anyone know how much they cost?
And last one, some of my friends already at uni have to pay when they print or photocopy things. Does this apply at reaseheath too?

Thankyou :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does the timetable stay the same throughout the whole year? Because at my sisters uni her timetable changes every semester.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh it stays the same throughout the year :smile:
Original post by jentee21
Do you think there's any way I'll be able to find out the time table before we enroll? I work on Fridays and I'm meant to give 4weeks notice to change my hours. I'm doing the BSc course, I was hoping it was going to be Tues, Wed and Thurs cause that's the only timetable they mentioned at the open day and said this year would be similar but maybe they were only talking about the fdsc course

Posted from TSR Mobile

no i dont think u can find out before and i asked my friend who was in the bsc and she confirmed that she was in tuesday thursday and friday, also wednesday but that is only every third week u have wednesday :smile:
Original post by tiacastle
Are we taking it that our book list for the first term is the one they sent in the introduction pack thingy?

I was told you have to pay for the washing machines, but does anyone know how much they cost?
And last one, some of my friends already at uni have to pay when they print or photocopy things. Does this apply at reaseheath too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In platt u get 2 fridges and two frezzers but they are small ones, the space u get in them is wen u work it out with ur hall like we did
washes cost £2.20 and dryers is one pound
yes printing and copying applies to reaseheath as u get a credit for it :smile:
hope this was helpful lol
Is there like an iron and ironing broad in platt hall? And also is there washing machines by platt halls because they only showed ones by chetwood when I went to the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there like an iron and ironing broad in platt hall? And also is there washing machines by platt halls because they only showed ones by chetwood when I went to the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes u have an iron and an ironing board, the double doors on the lower level by platt is where the washers and dryers are kept
Original post by tiacastle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to add to what Connor has said... In mine and Connors corridor in Platt we roughly had a draw each in the freezer, but that was because we had two people who were catered. There are only six draws and eight to nine people on a corridor. We never really had a issue with space in the fridge.
hey, i've only just found this page so it's really hard to read all your conversations :frown:
I've just enroled online to confirm my place at Chester/Reaseheath for BSc Animal behaviour and Welfare... if any of you are doing the same course let me know if theres a facebook page or whatever as i hate the idea of not knowing anyone. I also studied animal management for two years at reaseheath so for anyone who is worried about the campus and the people, don't. it's lovely :smile:
Original post by Tammi_lou
hey, i've only just found this page so it's really hard to read all your conversations :frown:
I've just enroled online to confirm my place at Chester/Reaseheath for BSc Animal behaviour and Welfare... if any of you are doing the same course let me know if theres a facebook page or whatever as i hate the idea of not knowing anyone. I also studied animal management for two years at reaseheath so for anyone who is worried about the campus and the people, don't. it's lovely :smile:

here's the facebook page :biggrin: https://www.facebook.com/Reaseheath2014Students?fref=ts
Do they provide us with kettles and toasters or do we have to bring our own?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do they provide us with kettles and toasters or do we have to bring our own?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They provided kettles last year, but not toasters.
When do we get our timetables? I've done the online enrolment so I've chosen my optional module, I wanna know what I'll be doing and when!! I'm on the conservation course btw :smile:
Original post by Becci195
When do we get our timetables? I've done the online enrolment so I've chosen my optional module, I wanna know what I'll be doing and when!! I'm on the conservation course btw :smile:

I got mine during induction week, so probably your first lesson.
Does anybody know if we have to apply for a car parking space if we are keeping our cars there? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jentee21
Does anybody know if we have to apply for a car parking space if we are keeping our cars there? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you don't, but if you are in Platt the car park gets pretty full :/
so we don't have to do anything regarding parking? and it's free?
also how far away is the car park from platt?
Original post by 0scillate wildly
so we don't have to do anything regarding parking? and it's free?
also how far away is the car park from platt?

Found out today you need to get a permit and as far as I know it's free. There is a separate car park for Platt that is right in front of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending