The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Animal Behaviour and Welfare 2014 - Reaseheath College

Hello, just wondering if anyone is doing the AB&W course which is based at Reaseheath for the first year?
I've applied very late so haven't received any offers yet, but this is the course I want to do out of all my choices.

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I've applied for the foundation animal behaviour and welfare course based at reaseheath and have an offer :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Cool when did you get your offer? Are you going to be living at Reaseheath?

Has anyone been to an open day there yet? I'm hoping to go to the next one on 10th June to see what the accommodation there is like.
Got my offer yesterday!
Just need to go to the Chester open day and Reaseheath open evening to look at accommodation.
Reply 4
Aww. Anyone doing this course at Lincoln?
you could try making a thread in the lincoln forum?
I've just finished my first year on this course at Chester/Reaseheath and I have to say it's truly amazing and such a good course! Especially getting to work with all the animals at the zoo. The lecturers are so lovely and approachable too, going to miss Reaseheath next year when I move to Chester! If you've got any questions about the course feel free to ask me :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by 0scillate wildly
you could try making a thread in the lincoln forum?

tried that haha! Found one! I got a place at Chester but never wanted to do it there oh wellll
Original post by rachellankester
I've just finished my first year on this course at Chester/Reaseheath and I have to say it's truly amazing and such a good course! Especially getting to work with all the animals at the zoo. The lecturers are so lovely and approachable too, going to miss Reaseheath next year when I move to Chester! If you've got any questions about the course feel free to ask me :smile:

ah I've got a few questions!
does reaseheath do a freshers week like chester will, or is it worth travelling to chester campus for it?
what is reaseheath accommodation like? or is it worth finding off-campus accommodation?
as it's a FE campus as well, do you see a lot of the younger students or does it feel like a proper uni?

I'm hoping more people reply to this thread, I was thinking of making a facebook group for the course.
(edited 9 years ago)
You should definitely make a Facebook group - a group & thread was made for my group last year and it's brilliant! Really helps for meeting new people, asking advice, and posting interesting things throughout the year!

Reaseheath do have a Freshers week (2 to be exact), but some of the activities do involve the FE students! RH Freshers is more of socials, bbqs, movie nights, whereas Chester is obviously going out to clubs etc! Chester don't provide transport for Freshers, but if you email them at student services they are happy to provide a mini bus if you give them a number of people :smile: I personally didn't go to Chester freshers, and everyone on the ABW will be at Reaseheath anyway, so I wouldn't say its any better for meeting/getting to know people, but I know its definitely a good time, but Reaseheath can be good too! They have socials every Thursday at RH, sometimes with a theme, which is really fun :smile: You do get the chance to go to the Chester Freshers Fair though, where you can sign up to clubs & societies - it's good to get free gifts and things, but there isn't much point in joining Chester societies as you're only there once a week for lectures! Reaseheath have a conservation society which is good for the course, but thats about it.

Reaseheath accommodation is nice in Platt & Chetwood - I'd recommend Platt first though. The wifi and laundrettes have been a bit rubbish this year, but I'm 99% sure they're sorting them all for next year! Reaseheath is a really lovely campus, as you'll see on the open day if you go. The Student Village isn't amazing, its just tiny portacabins really, and is known as the 'party village' - I know people who love to party who really like student village, but I personally wouldn't like to live there. I didn't get campus accommodation when I started due to living on a bus route in fairly close proximity to the college, so I got off-campus accommodation. I actually left this and moved back home & just drove to Reaseheath when I needed to be in, because I really didn't like it, but it might work for you :smile: It's really only because no one from Reaseheath is ever in the off-campus accommodation - it's all Manchester MET students, often in their second and third year. A couple of my friends on the course both dislike their off campus accommodation, and most of my other friends actually live at home and have no regrets. In second year of course you'll know everyone and will be living in Chester, which is much better.

You do see the FE students yes, but mostly if you don't live in. Living in you can eat and hang out in your room, but with not living in, you share the canteen with FE students! However, there is a HE centre just for us, which is much better as there's no FE. I've not felt like I'm at uni at all this year, but that's probably due to not living in, however it still has a really nice atmosphere. When you go to Chester once a week that definitely has more of a university atmosphere :smile:

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just ask!
I have applied for behaviour and welfare at reaseheath and have accepted as my firm choice would be good if we could get a Facebook group together as I don't know anyone else going there at the minute
Original post by 0scillate wildly
Cool when did you get your offer? Are you going to be living at Reaseheath?

Has anyone been to an open day there yet? I'm hoping to go to the next one on 10th June to see what the accommodation there is like.

Got my offer in January :')
Been to the open day twice, loved it both times :smile:

I will be living at reaseheath :smile: Hopefully in Platt or Chetwood.
Original post by Merry_Michael
I have applied for behaviour and welfare at reaseheath and have accepted as my firm choice would be good if we could get a Facebook group together as I don't know anyone else going there at the minute

Great idea!
Reply 13
I have also received an offer and have accepted it as my firm choice! A facebook group would be a really good idea!
I have made one called something along the lines of Animal behaviour and welfare reaseheath college if people would like to take a look
Anyone received their enrollment/ accommodation pack?

Mine came this morning, I've filled it all out and posting it back tomorrow so it's all done :smile:
Reply 16
yeah got my pack this morning :smile: I cant find the facebook group :/
Original post by EmmDixon
yeah got my pack this morning :smile: I cant find the facebook group :/

Excellent :smile:

I cant find it either :/
Mmm well I can't post a link to it on here but it's correct name is Animal Behaviour and Welfare 2014 - Reaseheath college I hope you guys can find it there's only me on there at the mo so would be good to get some more people on the page
Reply 19
I still can't find it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest