The Student Room Group

How much do I need to write (History AS)

Im Re-sitting History AS, Crusades, and you have two 12 markers and two 24 markers. I was wondering how much do I need to write to have enough information for the questions. Like how many sides. Cheers
Reply 1
I did the exam last year and got a solid A grade. With History I really don't think it's about quantity, you need to be able to sustain a valid argument throughout the course of the essay and ensure your structure is on point. With the 24 Marks I usually write a brief intro with my viewpoint clear, this is followed by 3/4 paragraphs with a point relating to the question including evidence, evaluation and judgement (always link back to the question) and finally, the conclusion which is essentially repeating what you just said in short form and reiterating your argument. As for the 12 mark, 2/3 brief paragraphs tend to do the job for me, again what helps is reading the question clearly, writing a few bullet points and from then on developing your paragraphs. My handwriting is quite big so I end up writing several sheets but the main thing of course is sticking to the topic, validating your POV and containing facts. Best of luck! I'm resitting Unit 2 (Chairman Mao) and of course doing Unit 3 (Stuart Britain)

Quick Reply

Latest