The Student Room Group

Should I study my Biomed PhD in the US or UK?

Hey guys i am an international student whose going into my final year in biomedical science, i have done my placement in America where i got an offer to do a PHD offer (which takes 5/6 years with stipend at $20000 each year compared to UK which is 4 years at 13000 pounds but i have to pay 7000 tuition fees where i can potentially get an offer too) then there is another route of getting a biomedical science job in the UK starting pay is about 21000-25000 pounds.
So my question is what do you think is the best possible route to take both now and for the future?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dexter's plight
Hey guys i am an international student whose going into my final year in biomedical science, i have done my placement in America where i got an offer to do a PHD offer (which takes 5/6 years with stipend at $20000 each year compared to UK which is 4 years at 13000 pounds but i have to pay 7000 tuition fees where i can potentially get an offer too) then there is another route of getting a biomedical science job in the UK starting pay is about 21000-25000 pounds.
So my question is what do you think is the best possible route to take both now and for the future?

Hi Dexter, I'm going to move your post into the postgraduate study forum - hopefully you'll get some helpful answers there! :smile:

SJ
Reply 2
Depends on which universities in each country you are considering, and which country you would rather live/work in afterwards.
Do you need a PhD to do what you want to do in your field? If not, go for the job. If so, go to the school that you'll be able to leave with the least amount of debt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending