The Student Room Group

Playing loud music - attention seekers?

Why on earth do people try to force the ****e that they listen to onto others?

I reside in an area inhabited by young students and every year there's always some douche who opens his windows wide open (regardless of the weather) to play their godawful house/hipster music loud as hell. Why?

As I speak there's this person who has been playing his music from 11am till now (4 hours). Loud.

Why cant they just put on headphones? Why does it have to be mandatory to open the window before playing it loud? NOBODY CARES they just get annoyed!

It's the equivalent of kids at the back of the bus who play their music on speaker phone.

It's purely for attention and I'm sorry they didn't get enough as a child...but tough ****.

Rant over.

Scroll to see replies

I don't like it when people play their music in an enclosed space such as a bus, but out of their window wouldn't bother me. As long as they didn't take the p*ss, playing it at 1am or whatever.

Sometimes the beat takes you and the louder the better :smile:
I use to be kid who use to play music very loud on the bus to get attention back in high school lol.
'attention seeker' is the worst phrase ever
Reply 4
Pheww....I thought this thread was about me, I really thought someone had created a thread to complain about me. Every day as I cycle around campus, I play music from my phone on my loudspeakers, the volume isn't extremely loud but anyone within a 10 to 15 metre radius can hear it. I never play loud music at home though, only when I'm outside cycling around. I can understand how it can be annoying, but I do it 40% for my own pleasure and enjoyment and only 60% for attention seeking.

I can sympathise with you, it's extremely annoying and completely inappropriate for someone to blast really loud music when they're at home, it's extremely inconsiderate for your surrounding neighbours who are in their homes, but I never do that.

So, thread starter, sorry to inform you that I am one of those douches.
Reply 5
What is the point listening to trendy music if others don't know that you are listening to it? - Hipster Logic
There is always this douche with his friends in town who listens to his rap music in his 1996 Corsa with the windows down. I feel so bad for them, because they can't see how stupid they look. ;D
Reply 7
Because they like loud music? Because they got people around? Because they are hard of hearing? Maybe to drown everything else out. I would say you are trying to get more attention by making this then they are with loud music.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by kumori
Because they like loud music? Because they got people around? Because they are hard of hearing? Maybe to drown everything else out. I would say you are trying to get more attention by making this then they are with loud music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All those can be solved with headphones and without the expense of everyone's well being. Imagine if someone was playing loud music near your mum's or grandma's house, would you feel happy then?
TFW you can't tell the difference between someone that's trying to act hard and someone that can't afford headphones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well said MancBoy. No need to do it really. We've all been there but it just makes you look like a bit of a cock.
Reminds me of those ***** that play music at the back of the bus.
Reply 12
Tbh I do that sometimes if I feel like throwing a solo party in my room lol
Original post by MancBoy
All those can be solved with headphones

You can't get the same bass from headphones as you can from an actual speaker system
Reply 14
I can't stand this either? Why do people not realize that not everybody likes their music. Because I was bullied at school for liking jazz I always make sure nobody hears it when I play music. But I don't think you have to be bullied to realize this piece of common sense.
Meh I do that at home but not in public
Original post by Ndella
Tbh I do that sometimes if I feel like throwing a solo party in my room lol

I do that as well but that's not what the OP is getting at.

Do you open your window and put the speakers up to it just so that everybody else can hear it?

I don't.
Original post by Silkysam
You can't get the same bass from headphones as you can from an actual speaker system

What headphones have you used before?
Original post by Wilfred Little
What headphones have you used before?

Expensive ones, what speakers have you used before?
Absolutely OP, +1

Especially if it's some little knob in his skinny jeans and "vintage tee" with straightened hair, playing some hipster bull**** :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending