The Student Room Group

Edexcel Psychology Unit 1 - Tuesday 13th May

How did everyone find the paper today?
Reply 1
Hated the meus and raaijmakers question..:frown: i left out the evaluation cos I ran out of time! And also didnt like the plan your practical(survey) question ugh. Other than that it was pretty good. You?
Reply 2
The multiple choice was so gooood, thankgod. The meeus and raajimakers was somewhat okay but I have to agree the survey kinda hit hard. I just made everything up on the spot and added random stuff about opportunity sampling and interviewing :/
Reply 3
It wasn't as bad as it could be, what did you guys put for the one about the evidence of practice thing
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Do you think anyone can put the paper up with what they think the answer will be?
Reply 5
I thought it was quite easy but maybe that means the grade boundaries are going to be higher? Some of the questions threw me off a little bit, the practical one was a bit easy because we were expecting to be hit with some sort of practical question anyway, was just glad it was on that unit but wouldn't surprise me if another was on the next paper.
The evaluation on Meeus I struggled a bit with, but kind of linked it to Social Identity and how that relates to real life obedience which probably wasn't the best thing to do
Reply 6
I found it okay, I thought I did the survey question okay but I just remembered I didn't specify if It would be a questionnaire or interview that I would use, so I've probably lost marks on that 😑
I ran out of time from dwelling on some questions and ended up leaving out 17 marks because of that.. The exam was okay other than that...

It just hurts because I knew the answers to the questions I missed out. 😭.

So it looks like I'll be retaking, is it true the spec changes next year? If it does what does that mean about retakes?
I did the multiple choice questions first and then went straight to the Meeus and Raajimaker question, but i spent so much time on it that i had to somewhat rush the other questions. I found the paper to be alright in general
Reply 9
What did everyone put for the methodology of Milgram?!
Original post by originoflaura
I did the multiple choice questions first and then went straight to the Meeus and Raajimaker question, but i spent so much time on it that i had to somewhat rush the other questions. I found the paper to be alright in general

I did the exact same!!! Hopefully I'll manage my time better on Tuesday :frown:
Original post by rosiekturner
What did everyone put for the methodology of Milgram?!

I put about validity and reliablity- i think, cant quite remember :P too many other exams To remember what i put exactly on each paper...

can anyone think what might come up tomorrow- i think One of The practicals will come up because they always seem To in every past paper...
Reply 12
Sorry for bringing up the thread again, but for the Milgram's procedure question, I am not sure can I say something like the participants were told that they are randomly selected as "teachers", but actually all of them are "teachers"; as the question states that "from the point where the lots were drawn"...

And also, do you think there are 2 separate marking point for the below response to the Milgram's procedure question?

"The participants were shown a electric generator with 30 switches, with increasingly 15V each."
"The participants were asked to give shocks to the "learners" if the learner answered the question wrongly, or give no response."

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest