The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
well, guys i got my AS results on thursday;

C - BIOLOGY
C - HISTORY (1 MARK OFF A B)
D - CHEMISTRY

wt are my chances of getting in medicine with only less than two months to apply? - should i look at other courses, or would u suggest keep trying, hopefully thinking a miracle might happen?

thanks, keep ur post pouring in
Reply 21
look at other courses
Reply 22
Matrix

C - BIOLOGY
D - CHEMISTRY

wt are my chances of getting in medicine with only less than two months to apply? - should i look at other courses, or would u suggest keep trying, hopefully thinking a miracle might happen?

Take it as a huge kick up the arse, start working hard, and apply after you have achieved AAA at A2 if needs be.
Reply 23
yup, thats what im gna try and do. work my ass off from now. im also looking at the possibilty of taking a gap year if i get in med school(or woteva). wt u guys think?
Reply 24
Hi,

As some others have already said, trying to get w/e at smaller hospitals may be easier. Also in addition to shadowing a Dr. perhaps you could do some voluntary work, i think the Uni's look for not only observation, but they need to know that "you will get your hands dirty" to coin a phrase. As well as take an interest in watching.

Good Luck,
Take care
Reply 25
Matrix

C - BIOLOGY
D - CHEMISTRY

Get good A2 grades and apply not this cycle but the next (2008 entry?), with grades in hand. that would prob mean a gap year, but you can use that to try and work on the rest of your application, or get some money together for uni etc.
Reply 26
check out www.accesstomedicine.org but thats only if ur in London. Good luck dude, as im goin through the same bull at the mo. Iv gt 2 years though
Reply 27
thanks, i dont live in london so it dont apply to me.
Reply 28
i would still apply for some Med courses. I applied with not too different grades to you, and still received a place. It is not a rule that you have to state your AS grades on your personal statement. If you do, just state that you will retake some modules during your A2 year.
This way you are not classed a resit applicant because your A2 grades have not yet been certified!!

As for work exp, why dont you try and get some hands on exp in a caring role when you turn 18 (you will learn so much!!!) from working in a nursing home?! You can get the little training you need from most care homes for free, or just a small fee.
Its never too late to get experience, in any capacity!! Good Luck and go wit your gut feeling...you have nothing to lose!!

Latest

Trending

Trending