The Student Room Group

Got a D in Biology OCR AS Level, still able to ger an A . . . ?

Hi guys, I had a bad day on the day of my c/a and got a d in it . . . :frown: I feel terrible as I tried but I should have tried harder. I just wanted to ask if I could still get an A though. Also. I was wondering would I still be able to retake the c/a next year without retaking the whole of as biology? Please help, am really down :frown:
How much is the coursework worth and what UMS percentage did you get?
Reply 2
Oh and also, please tell me what I may roughly need to get an A, as I really want an A* by the end of A2. Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by x__justmyluck
How much is the coursework worth and what UMS percentage did you get?

Urm I think it was 30 UMS out of 60 (not sure, but somewhere there). I know that altogether the qualification is out of 300, so 60 out of 300 is the C/A.

Thanks for replying by the way :smile:
Original post by theJdog
Urm I think it was 30 UMS out of 60 (not sure, but somewhere there). I know that altogether the qualification is out of 300, so 60 out of 300 is the C/A.

Thanks for replying by the way :smile:

You need 240/300 to get an A overall so you'll need to get 210/240 in the exams.

As long as you get at least a B at AS you'll get an A* overall if you get at least 270/300 in the A2 units.
Reply 5
You need 240/300 to get an A overall so you'll need to get 210/240 in the exams.

As long as you get at least a B at AS you'll get an A* overall if you get at least 270/300 in the A2 units.

Oh ok, thanks for that! That means I cannot loose more than 20 UMS (don't want to be completely on the boundary, just on the safe side), so will have to aim for 100% in both units. Well, that's a lot to aim for. Hopefully I get it. Thanks for answering my question and making me feel better :smile:
Reply 6

Oh, and also, would this affect my chances of getting into uni? I wanted to do Medicine, wanting to go into Kings' or UCL. Thanks a bunch.
Original post by theJdog
Oh, and also, would this affect my chances of getting into uni? I wanted to do Medicine, wanting to go into Kings' or UCL. Thanks a bunch.

No, they don't ask for individual unit grades.
Reply 8
No, they don't ask for individual unit grades.

Oh thank god! Right then, time to get revising! Thanks again, really boosted my confidence up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest