AQA HIST 1H TSARIST RUSSIA EXAM - 14th MAY

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilialucy
Exactly!

The last 24 marker about the revolution was hard

Think I wrote about the October one by accident... Ops

Original post by Mult
F*CKKKK, I just realized I did this too. I am screwed D:

Damn this is so annoying. I wrote a really good answer presuming it was the October one too!

What did you guys write about?

I nearly fell into that trap but realised, might have mentioned a few October rev points though because I couldn't think of what to say
I said about his "affair", and that people were suspicious as Aleksandra was German >.>
That Rasputin seemed to have influence over Nicholas (dismissing ministers)
& That Nicholas hid behind him .... :L
Can't remember what else I put...

I put SRs murdered him though (which is obviously wrong :/)

It was the Noble People - but don't worry about it, its a minor mistake.

I forgot to put in that she was German - good point!

Sounds like you have got the hang of the question - now you need focus on Unit 2. :biggrin:
Original post by Olympiad

I nearly fell into that trap but realised, might have mentioned a few October rev points though because I couldn't think of what to say

This was my "bull****" question xD

I just said about:
Him being weak and incompetant
Him being Commander in Chief in army - everything blamed on him (Used war with Japan as an exam)

Reasons not:
Strength of Lenin as a leader
Growth of Bolshevik party
Then I put about Trotsky strategic planning (taking over post offices) which won't count as I thought it said Oct Rev not March aha....

Conclusion was that he was a main reason....
Exactly!

The last 24 marker about the revolution was hard

Think I wrote about the October one by accident... Ops

What did you write? I mainly focussed on failings of World War One / Provisional Government not bringing Russia out of the war apart from the demands / stated in the Fundamental Laws that Nicholas is commander in chief?

The majority of the things can slip and change across the board.

But, don't worry about it! The paper is over - there is sadly nothing more you can do. Just focus on Unit 2. :smile:
Original post by DanTheHistorian
What did you write? I mainly focussed on failings of World War One / Provisional Government not bringing Russia out of the war apart from the demands / stated in the Fundamental Laws that Nicholas is commander in chief?

The majority of the things can slip and change across the board.

But, don't worry about it! The paper is over - there is sadly nothing more you can do. Just focus on Unit 2. :smile:

I just said about:
Him being weak and incompetant (Think I said something about War and battle of Tannenburg)
Him being Commander in Chief in army - everything blamed on him (Used war with Japan as an exam)

Reasons not:
Then I put about Trotsky strategic planning (taking over post offices) which won't count as I thought it said Oct Rev not March aha....

I just said about:
Him being weak and incompetant (Think I said something about War and battle of Tannenburg)

Reasons not:

Good points, sounds like a good constructed essay. Some points I wish I used there - can't remember what I used for "Reasons not". Everyone shall be fine. :smile:
And if you are worrying - just remember that from last year (I believe) you only needed half marks on every question to get a C. #PMA #PMA
Reply 27
Wow, now I'm confused. Was the last question about the February revolution, i.e Nicholas's abdication or the October revolution, i.e Bolshevik takeover and fall of the Provisional Government?
Original post by Sabzi97
Wow, now I'm confused. Was the last question about the February revolution, i.e Nicholas's abdication or the October revolution, i.e Bolshevik takeover and fall of the Provisional Government?

It was about the Feb revolution... I made the mistake of reading it as the October :/
And if you are worrying - just remember that from last year (I believe) you only needed half marks on every question to get a C. #PMA #PMA

Going from last year it was :

A: 49
B: 41
C: 34
D:27
E: 20

I think this paper was a lot hard though, so maybe the grade boundaries will be a bit lower?
Yes, the grade boundaries should be a bit lower - I would say by a good 3-4 marks. Not a lot, but it may be change in marks - C/B, D/C
Reply 31
Original post by Olympiad

I wrote about Kerensky's mistakes & a lot about the successful Bolshevik policies based off slogans such as "Peace, Bread, Land".

What did you talk about considering it was the Feb Rev?
Reply 32

I really hope I can get at least a C :L I can recover it back up to strong B with Unit 2 I hope.
Original post by Mult
I wrote about Kerensky's mistakes & a lot about the successful Bolshevik policies based off slogans such as "Peace, Bread, Land".

Literally made it up.

Said it was Nicholas II himself because he failed to see the famine etc, First World War, linked to Lenin who isn't even relevant, said it wasn't Nicholas because he didn't really have an interest

So basically got 2/25
Original post by Mult

Progressive Bloc etc...

I thinnk a lot of people would have made mistakes of reading it wrong...

Hopefully, they just wont take into consideration the point you made instead of marking down..
Reply 35
Progressive Bloc etc...

I thinnk a lot of people would have made mistakes of reading it wrong...

Hopefully, they just wont take into consideration the point you made instead of marking down..

I don't they will take it into consideration. If what I said isn't on their mark scheme (which it won't be) they'll give me a straight 0... :frown:
Reply 36
I just said about:

Reasons not:

If this was for question 06 i believe Lenin wasn't present for the Feb rev and he returned after news of the Feb rev

Personally my reasons for 06 Were
Reasons For:
Him making him self Commander In cheif
Ignorance to the Duma's
Leaving Tsarina and Rasputin in Charge.

Reasons Against:
Duma lacking control of Russia
Tsarina and Rasputin's control over Russia
Peasants Riot escualting and nothing being done.
Reply 38
I just talked about Nicholas incompetence, blamed his too conservative nature on Pobedonostev, and said he alienated moderates and working classes.
Then talked about poor leadership, i.e. putting Alexandra in charge, going to the front,etc
For other factors, I blamed the impact of the war and mentioned military failures and economic conditions,etc
Reply 39
Hi I'm taking the Russian exam in 2015 if you could remember the questions from your paper it would be helpful so I can revise?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending