The Student Room Group

IGCSE Revision Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ranadosa
Havent done any english all year haha, i did a past paper today and im just planning on finishing them all within 3 days. And learning new vocabulary words.
True the question in the end is kinda hard. I suck at descriptive and story writing so i usually go for the 'discuss' since its the easiest one. it really sucks that ppl u dont know have to mark your papers. Just do the one you're strongest at!

Oh cool, at my school the english teachers always go on about how you should avoid the discuss essays because they think it's the hardest one to do well in!

Yeah, I can write good descriptions but I can only do short ones because we never got taught how to actually set out each paragraph in the essay and stories are basically made up of some short descriptions with dialogue and some plot development. I've been looking at planning and techniques today so I can write full descriptive essays. I feel that I can scrape an A* with my stories but I could make it more secure if I learn how to make my descriptions long enough and with enough features and content.
Original post by Macaronat
Oh cool, at my school the english teachers always go on about how you should avoid the discuss essays because they think it's the hardest one to do well in!

Yeah, I can write good descriptions but I can only do short ones because we never got taught how to actually set out each paragraph in the essay and stories are basically made up of some short descriptions with dialogue and some plot development. I've been looking at planning and techniques today so I can write full descriptive essays. I feel that I can scrape an A* with my stories but I could make it more secure if I learn how to make my descriptions long enough and with enough features and content.

Yea we've still got a few days, good luck! Pretty sure you can do it.
Original post by Ranadosa
Yea we've still got a few days, good luck! Pretty sure you can do it.

Thanks! I hope so. Good luck to you too :h:
Original post by 75seconds4
any predictions on which chapters are going to come? how are you revising for the exam?

Honestly I feel like Web page will come up in the first paper and either Out Out or Disabled for the second one, I'm just writing and rewriting essays and then in bullet points writing out all the ideas for each essay like a PEELE paragraph

Quick Reply

Latest