The Student Room Group

GCSE Biology Unit 2 Speciation/Shrimp Question

It looks like i've missed this question and now im really panicking?? Whereabouts was it? i really thought that the embryo screening thing was the last question? How many marks was it worth? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, it would seem like you missed a double page spread (it was right at the end).
I don't know the marks for the other stuff, but there was a 6 mark question.
Original post by Caitlin_3008
Well, it would seem like you missed a double page spread (it was right at the end).
I don't know the marks for the other stuff, but there was a 6 mark question.

great;( no idea how i missed it, ive never missed a question before!
Quite a few people missed it.
Hopefully, it will bring the overall grade boundaries down.

What happens in this situation normally? Do they just ignore the marks from the question or take them into account for the people who did answer?
Reply 4
It's surprising how many people missed the last questions this year...
In theory, that means the grade boundaries could be lower, so fingers crossed! :wink:
Original post by momomomo123
Quite a few people missed it.
Hopefully, it will bring the overall grade boundaries down.

What happens in this situation normally? Do they just ignore the marks from the question or take them into account for the people who did answer?

i really hope the grade boundaries are low this year!! I think they ignore the mark so be honest so i've just lost loads by the sound of it:frown:
Reply 6

Well, the majority of people would have done it, so they won't just ignore it as a question, will they? It's still worth marks and counts :P
Original post by reginaphalange1
i really hope the grade boundaries are low this year!! I think they ignore the mark so be honest so i've just lost loads by the sound of it:frown:

But does it still get counted if I got it right?
Original post by Caitlin_3008
Well, the majority of people would have done it, so they won't just ignore it as a question, will they? It's still worth marks and counts :P

Right so the grade boundaries will just go down?
Right so the grade boundaries will just go down?

Yes the question still gets marked whether its complete or not:smile: grade boundaries possibly will go down
Yea every question will be counted it whether you answered it or not,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes the question still gets marked whether its complete or not:smile: grade boundaries possibly will go down

That's good news for me but overall, I am not confident.
Reply 12
Look at it this way:
Every mark in the paper counts, it's not AQA's fault that people didn't check for/missed the last pages, is it?
People that missed it will lose marks, yes, but they are the minority, so there is no reason why AQA should forget about it's existence in the paper.

It's unfortunate, yes, but it's not their fault...
Therefore, marks would still be awarded as usual :smile:
That's good news for me but overall, I am not confident.

i am not confident at all now!! oh well at least its over!
i am not confident at all now!! oh well at least its over!

Only chemistry and physics to go now.
Chemistry will probably be the easiest for me, but I haven't even looked at physics for the last month at least.
Only chemistry and physics to go now.
Chemistry will probably be the easiest for me, but I haven't even looked at physics for the last month at least.

yeh i prefer chem and phys anyway! ill try not to miss questions this time;/
yeh i prefer chem and phys anyway! ill try not to miss questions this time;/

And I'll try not to start crying in the middle of the exam this time.
And I'll try not to start crying in the middle of the exam this time.

:redface: good luck for thursday!!
:redface: good luck for thursday!!

You too.
I did this too and i was really panicking but not a lot i can do! I think a lot of people did this because there was a blank page with a cross so it looked like the end of the paper... hopefully the grade boundaries will go down.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest