The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm a 22 year old virgin and it doesn't bother me at all. I have kissed girls and guys before though. The reason I am still a virgin is because I am extremely picky and don't want someone who is only after sex. Unfortunately that discounts most gay guys. Have never put much effort into finding a girl but they sometimes find me, although things never develope that far. I can't see myself losing my virginity in the near future, even though I now have a nice BF. We're both shy and not ready.

Edit: I could have lost it at 20. I had a girl I loved begging me to have sex with her, but she wanted nothing more than cheating on her BF. I have standards. : P
Reply 41
I wouldnt think there was anything odd about a 21 year old virgin....i'd think they were either a virgin for religious reasons or that they simply havnt found the right person yet.
On the other hand, a 21 year old who hasnt kissed anyone i would find unusual.
Reply 42
Anonymous
Making it to 21 without finding a nice attractive person to be in a relationship with is no mean feat. I'm choosy and ugly and I managed it 3 times. So yes it would be strange.

I love how you hide behind the Anon function to say that.
Reply 43
virgin not really at all, its hard for some people and some people have high standards etc.

But kissing yeah that is weird imo, it just seems like something very trivial to have never done up to 21
any1 who says he is gay because he is still a virgin and old, i am exactly the same but 19 - i challenge u 2 a pulling contest :P
Reply 45
I don't really understand the people who've been saying it wouldn't be weird to be a virgin, but weird not to have kissed anyone. Why? If you've not been in a relationship and don't want pull/sleep around casually, then why would you have kissed someone if you haven't lost your virginity either? (Granted, this doesn't apply to me, but I wouldn't be bothered if it did, and I'm sure there are others that it does apply to).
the op could just be ugly as sin
It's not weird at all. I think it'd probably be for religious reasons - I expect I'll still be a virgin at 21, as I don't expect to get married before then. Even if it's not for religious reasons, it's still not that weird - maybe he feels losing it is something special and wants it to be with someone he loves and is in a relationship with, maybe he's never been in a relationship with someone, never had the opportunity.

Never kissed, maybe a little weirder, then again I'm 17 and the same which some people probably think is weird. But I don't think it's weird at all that he's never had a girlfriend, and as some have said, if he's never had a girlfriend, why would he have kissed someone? 21's still young. To be mid-20s and never kissed or had a girlfriend would be a bit random. Depends how mature he is in himself really.
well im a 19 year old female virgin and I know other perfectly normal girls my age who are too. I just dont like where I live and cant stand the type of lads I usualy meet...never anyone nice, creative and talented. I just wanna meet a good guy and then Id be up for it but Im in no rush :smile:
Reply 49
Statistically speaking, you are abnormal.
No there's nothing wrong with it. It's actually quite good to know that there are 21yr old virgin males out there.

I'm a 20 year old female virgin,however i have kissed before. Everyone is shocked when i tell them i've never had a proper boyfriend etc, because they think i'm really pretty and shocked at the fact that i've never dated. But i've got standards and im not gonna jump into bed with the first guy that asks me out. :wink:

Don't be ashamed or worried about being a 21yr old male virgin, have sex when your ready.:wink:
Anonymous
No there's nothing wrong with it. It's actually quite good to know that there are 21yr old virgin males out there.

I'm a 20 year old female virgin,however i have kissed before. Everyone is shocked when i tell them i've never had a proper boyfriend etc, because they think i'm really pretty and shocked at the fact that i've never dated. But i've got standards and im not gonna jump into bed with the first guy that asks me out. :wink:

Don't be ashamed or worried about being a 21yr old male virgin, have sex when your ready.:wink:

Someone ask ^ out so I won't be the first guy to ask her out :tongue:
Reply 52
Anonymous
If you met a guy who was 21 years old and had never kissed a girl, let alone done anything remotely sexual, what would you think?

P.S You don't need to worry about offending me because it's not me that I'm talking about :p: xx

its about as weird as going to the toilet when you need a wee.
If I hadn't just read that whole thread then, I would have said no but thought yes... reading that made me feel a whole lot better personally and now I think and mean no...

I didn't have my first kiss until I think the end of June, and I'm 18... even though the boy it was with was in fact *using* me for whatever he could get, I'm glad it happened because (and it's not a good thing to admit) it made me feel more normal... I was petrified of doing it though, and he knew that (we were sort of friends)... someone said something before like 'why would the person need to know if it was your first kiss?'... well I guess that's up to the individual, but I felt better him knowing that, I guess that's just my lack of confidence though... since then it's been quite weird because I've had the opportunity a fair few times, but I'm not prepared to get used again... but if anyone else reading this was scared out of their wits, it really isn't that bad lol
nothing wrong with being a virgin at 21, see this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=5589356#post5589356
I dont think this is THAT unusual. Two of the lads who I live with are virgins and turn 21 this year, and I'm pretty confident that neither of them have kissed a girl either. The trouble with these kind of threads is they make people get a mental hang up over something that is only a problem if you make it one in your own head.
Reply 56
Shreerac1
Someone ask ^ out so I won't be the first guy to ask her out :tongue:

Why, don't you want to? Ok I will...

I also agree with the above regarding making it a problem in your head if you choose to. Hardly ruins my life, tbh the virgin bit doesn't bother me, though I'd like to have been in a relationship by now, but you can't force these things.
As a slight aside, do people think it is still more socially acceptable for a girl to be a virgin at a given age (21 in this case, but let's say a few years either side too)? Would it be less 'weird' than for a bloke? Or not?
Reply 57
i would quite happily still be a virgin if the person to whom i lost it hadn't been right for me! being 21 and still a virgin is fine, as long as you are fine with it!
Reply 58
I'm a 21 year-old virgin who has never kissed a girl before so I guess I could be the 'friend' the original poster is seeking advice for?!?

Like somone has already made clear, the fact that I am a virgin is not at all source of discontent. What does hurt is having never been in a relationship when practically everyone around you is happily coupled up.

It's got to the point now where I'm wondering how long it will be until I use the phrase "my girlfriend" in conversation with someone.

By far the most frustrating thing about it is that I'm pretty sure I would be a really good boyfriend for a girl but absolutely no females show any signs of interest in me whatsoever. I think I'm fairly good-looking, intelligent, full of affection...but it just doesn't want to seem to happen for me just yet
Reply 59
Indeed. Can be frustrating can't it? Have you got any friends in the same situation?

Latest

Trending

Trending