The Student Room Group

Help needed - Which MFE? York, Birmingham and more.

Hello fellow TSRers, sorry for creating another "Which Uni to choose" post.

I am a final year, borderline 2:1 mathematics student from UoM planning to study Financial Engineering and alike next year.

I currently hold offers the following Universities

York
Birmingham
Newcastle (for QFRM).

I am waiting for Essex, Sussex, CASS(for QF/FM), UCL(for FRM and I know I am going to get rejected) and rejected by MBS.

As I am unsure about my future career path, I have also applied for a few data analytics programmes with the best one being Lancaster.

I believe that York is the best out of my "realistic shots", closely followed by Birmingham. However I am unsure of whether if it is worthwhile for the extra £10K. I am hoping to work in a quantitative field in the future. Which uni should I pick? Is there anywhere I didn't mention that might be worth apply to?

Thank you.
Reply 1
kindly help me to find data analytics course in UK or EU as soon as you have your answer from someone. I am very much interested to do this course for because of its future opportunities.

You mentioned about LANCASTER. I dont know if my eligible or not which I will check later on. I have 51% (2:2) in B.B.A From Indian University. Kindly let me know for other universities in UK/EU. Some universities I know are

DeMontfort University,
Barcelona Business Schoool,
HEC
Warwick Business School
Dublin Institute of Technology

kindly reply
I'd say it's pretty unrealistic for more prestigious ones like HEC and WBS. Nonetheless for Lancaster and others it doesn't hurt to apply so don't worry so much.

There aren't many unis that offer MSc Data Analytics in the UK. Your best bet is probably Leicester and Sheffield. However bare in mind that the one offered by Sheffield isn't really technical by all means. It still looks better than the one offered by Leeds though.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending