The Student Room Group

Question about conditional offer

*[deleted]*
(edited 9 years ago)
Because German isn't mentioned in the conditions, as long as you meet the other conditions, you should still get in. :smile:
Reply 2
Even though german is part of my "maturazeugnis" and it says 1.3 overall? :frown: I'm really worried...
If you don't meet all of the terms of your offer then I'm afraid that they are quite within their rights to reject you. They may choose to take you anyway, but they don't have to, and there's no way of knowing in advance :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it might be a problem since your overall grade will drop so much below their required grade. :frown:
Which uni is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
It's Nottingham, MEng

Should I contact them now or wait until I get all the results? And should I mention the thing with the overall grade or tell them that I met all the other conditions? (If I do)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by _Anxious
It's Nottingham, MEng

Should I contact them now or wait until I get all the results? And should I mention the thing with the overall grade or tell them that I met all the other conditions? (If I do)

Well, you have to meet all the conditions, which means also meeting the overall grade condition. They don't let you pick which part of the condition you want to fulfill, and there wasn't any "OR" part in the offer.
And I don't think there's any point in contacting them, they will let you know when they decide. They can't tell you anything right now anyway, because they have to see how many people are going to meet the conditions (which they won't know until July-August).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
So should I just send in my grade report to the admissions office without contacting them / asking them for further information?
Original post by _Anxious
So should I just send in my grade report to the admissions office without contacting them / asking them for further information?

Explain to them that you've got your german grade and that it makes it impossible for you to meet the overall grade in your offer no matter how well you do in your other subjects.

They may amend your offer (and insist on 1s in your other subjects), they may amend your offer to lower the overall condition or they may make you an offer to an alternate course.....or there's a chance that they'll reject you but at least if they reject you now you will have the time to look elsewhere for a place on a different course where they're more interested in your subject results than your overall grade.
Reply 9
I will have my final results in two weeks, should I just wait until then to call them? Or e-mail them? Or just translate the report, send it in and hope for the best?

EDIT: I just sent them an email, I am too anxious to wait two more weeks.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending