The Student Room Group

2015 Entry: **Dental Hygiene and Therapy Discussion**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by emilye
I have been offered a place at Sheffield! yay!!!! So excited! Has anyone else heard yet? Xxx

I also got a place! So see you there Emily, DO you have Fb? xxx
Reply 81
Original post by moorehen
I also got a place! So see you there Emily, DO you have Fb? xxx

Hi both of you! My name is Jenny, I have also been accepted by Sheffield! :biggrin: on Facebook im Jennifer Emily Taylor if you want to add me :smile: x
Reply 82
Yes I have Facebook my name is emily eccleston, im friends with James hunt on facebook who also has a place at Sheffiled :smile: xx
Reply 83
Original post by emilye
Yes I have Facebook my name is emily eccleston, im friends with James hunt on facebook who also has a place at Sheffiled :smile: xx

I have added you both I think! My name is Hannah Moore.
Yes James was on my tour I think, really nice he got on too! It will be nice to know a few faces before we start! xx
How were the interviews what sort of things did they ask? x
Reply 85
Original post by Gggeorgiax
I'm a fully qualified dental nurse with 2 and a half years ex within general dentistry and Ortho and implants. I have all my GCSE'S grade c and above, I am currently studying an access course which includes a level biology, chemistry and Maths. I have applied for Teesside, Cardiff, Queen Mary, Plymouth and Essex, and direct Unit of Liverpool... I had an interview at Teesside for 2014 entry but unfortunately didn't get in.. so praying for better luck this year for 2015 entry! any one else applying to the same places? Let me know:smile:

Have you heard anything from Cardiff yet?
Ahhh, feels like everyones applied to sheffield haha. I've applied to Teesside, Essex, Portsmouth, Birmingham and Newcastle. Have three interviews lined up at Ports, Tees, Essex but I don't know how to prepare myself fully 😒 other than the typical questions they would ask ie. How to prepare forr ethical scenarios etc. I'm an A level student (17 years old)

Alsoo Birmingham have sent me that email "been referred to admission tutors for further consideration" but that was like three weeks ago... No news is good news hopefullyy
Hi guys,
I got a place at Sheffield last week. Yay!!!! :smile:
Really excited but getting stressed about the time we've got to fill in bursary forms and find a house.
Has anyone found accommodation yet? It would be great to share a house with dental hygiene students.
My name is Jade Musgrave, can I add you guys on fb?
Original post by JMusgrave
Hi guys,
I got a place at Sheffield last week. Yay!!!! :smile:
Really excited but getting stressed about the time we've got to fill in bursary forms and find a house.
Has anyone found accommodation yet? It would be great to share a house with dental hygiene students.
My name is Jade Musgrave, can I add you guys on fb?

Did you have an interview with them??
Yeah, my interview was on the 19th November :smile:
Have you got any interviews? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They asked me stuff like scenarios, manual dexterity, pick a disease and describe it's cause and effects, skills a dental hygienist should have etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, my interview was on the 19th November :smile:
Have you got any interviews? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OOhh wows,how did it gooo? what did you find difficult to discuss? I have three coming up :shifty: but I'm so nervous argh, MMI coming up and just two normal ones I think
I thought it went badly to be honest, so I was really surprised to get a place at Sheffield .
Hey, well done. And good luck. I'm sure you'll do great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stuff I found difficult to discuss were the curveball questions I hadn't prepared for. I thought I rambled on a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stuff I found difficult to discuss were the curveball questions I hadn't prepared for. I thought I rambled on a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Likeee??
Original post by Jessio
Likeee??

Anyone hard back from Cardiff or queen Mary yet?
Original post by carolinesmith91
Anyone hard back from Cardiff or queen Mary yet?

I've not heard back from Cardiff yet :smile:
Hi

I have an interview for Teeside tomorrow. Does anyone know the type of questions/ scenarios they ask? I'm really nervous!

Thanks

Bec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rebecca1987
Hi

I have an interview for Teeside tomorrow. Does anyone know the type of questions/ scenarios they ask? I'm really nervous!

Thanks

Bec

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my mines was supposed to be tomorrow but rescheduled, good luckk, can tell me how it goess??
They might ask like ethical scenarios, might help going good medical practice reading that book and they have ethical scenarios on the website with ways of approaching them well. X
Original post by deborah32
I've not heard back from Cardiff yet :smile:

:smile: got a feeling we wont hear until the new year now. Is it your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest