The Student Room Group

Theory Test

Today, I sat my theory test, second time. I failed the question section by 1 mark and scored quite highly on the hazard perception part.. This has happened on both occasions. Any advice on how to score higher and not fail again?
Practice by downloading apps on your phone and do them until you pass every time. By a big margin. They're usually very similar
There really is no other way about it. Just practice. I know that's a ****ty answer to give, but it's the only thing that'll work.
I bought this and passed first time. It took a couple of hours to go through everything, but every single question I had on my theory test was also on that download, so I knew all the answers. Just go over them all until you're passing with full marks every time and you'll be golden!
Practice, practice and practice.

There are plenty of sites around that offer free quizzes and plenty of official books and apps that you can get your hands on. Study questions and learn from your mistakes. As someone already mentioned there is no easy way around it, you have to know it and keep it locked inside your head!
READ the book, then only use the apps to test knowledge. If you don't score highly enough, re-read the book. The Highway Code isn't exactly War & Peace, two hours tops, cover to cover, but VERY boring. The official Hazard & Theory book is a bit bigger, but still do-able in 3-4 hours over a couple of evenings. Don't waste months clicking random answers in the hope of remembering come the test. My mates did this and all failed 1-4 times having wasted ages. I passed first time after 3 days prep.

For the hazard clips, practise it like a new Playstation game. When you 'get it' you're ready.
Original post by Walter Ego
READ the book, then only use the apps to test knowledge. If you don't score highly enough, re-read the book. The Highway Code isn't exactly War & Peace, two hours tops, cover to cover, but VERY boring. The official Hazard & Theory book is a bit bigger, but still do-able in 3-4 hours over a couple of evenings. Don't waste months clicking random answers in the hope of remembering come the test. My mates did this and all failed 1-4 times having wasted ages. I passed first time after 3 days prep.

For the hazard clips, practise it like a new Playstation game. When you 'get it' you're ready.

The download I mentioned has the highway code on it, you read through that and then answer the questions. It isn't just a list of questions they expect you answer with no prior knowledge.
Your friends probably failed because they used the apps without actually reading anything first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending