The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Pendle standard accomodation

Hi
I'm currently in the en-suite and thinking about switching to standard next year.
How many bathrooms (showers and toilets) are there per flat?
Would any of you recommend living there as opposed to in the en-suites?

Thanks =)
Original post by RomanReigns
Hi
I'm currently in the en-suite and thinking about switching to standard next year.
How many bathrooms (showers and toilets) are there per flat?
Would any of you recommend living there as opposed to in the en-suites?

Thanks =)

Personally wouldn't know (being a Lonsdalian and all), but I would hazard a guess at being shared between 8 and having 2 bathrooms? each with one toilet and shower?

I would prefer en-suite myself but I can see the attractiveness in the price. I just prefer my own personal privacy to be honest.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
I do know a bit about Pendle Standard, I've lived here all year :wink:

We have 2 showers and 2 toilets between 8 of us, and I in the 7 months I've lived here, I've had to wait for the shower only once (and only for like 3 minutes). People generally get up and go to bed at different times to each other, so that does a good job of spreading people's showers out over time.

The only time you really have to wait to use the bathroom is if you're hosting predrinks for a night out in your kitchen, just because you have a lot of people drinking a lot of liquid at the same time.

But yeah, having to wait for "facilities" is such a minor factor, it's barely worth considering when deciding which accommodation to apply for. Unless you're a total princess when it comes to these things, the £26 (I think that's the difference) that you save over en-suite is definitely worth it: that's like a whole week's food that you save, EVERY WEEK.

Standard's worked out great for me, and you'll be in one of the friendliest, most inclusive colleges on campus, so I'd encourage you to apply for Pendle Standard.

Hope that helps, I'm happy to answer more questions if you have them :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks for that, really helpful. Just wondering are there sinks in the rooms and would you say the rooms are the same size or bigger than the en-suites? =)
Original post by RomanReigns
Thanks for that, really helpful. Just wondering are there sinks in the rooms and would you say the rooms are the same size or bigger than the en-suites? =)

Every room has a normal sized sink, with a mirror and light above it, but you don't get a shaver socket or a shelf in that part of the room, which could be minor downsides based on your requirements?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending