The Student Room Group

Which do you think is more annoying? Cyclist or horse riders?

Poll

Which is more annoying?

As per the title.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alfissti
As per the title.

On spec, neither.

Each has the potential to be a source of irritation on the roads, a horse perhaps moreso as it's a living animal in it's own right as well as it's rider being nominally in charge, but just from their pure existence (because you've given us no grounds to be annoyed with them) neither is annoying.
Reply 2
Horses, but neither are that annoying. We have to share the roads.
Reply 3
Car drivers.

As somebody who believes in the superiority of trains and likes the bicycle i believe that car drivers are the enemy.
I don't see why a horse should even be on the road, at least there's actually a reason for a cyclist to be on the road. Also, cyclists don't leave massive piles of crap all over the road; I don't see why dog owners get fined for not picking up the waste yet horse riders can just leave it there.
Reply 5
Cyclists are really annoying, and I say this as a cyclist.
Reply 6
Original post by arson_fire
I only ever meet horse riders down country lanes, and all you`ve got to do is slow down a bit as you go past.

Lycra-clad ****ers infest town and city centres everywhere holding up traffic, running red lights, cycling down pavements, hitting pedestrians, punching cars, and then putting the videos on youtube as evidence that they`re being persecuted. Then you meet them in the country riding in groups 2/3 abreast well under the speed limit with the ones at the back swerving about to stop you going past. And then there`s the attitude that they`re somehow "better" people....

Imagine how much worse city centres would be if all those cyclists got themselves a car. The traffic would be huge.
HORSES Ohmygosh we get them all the time here :rolleyes: I was coming home from school and there was a horse carriage going to SAINSBURYS, why??
Reply 8
Imagine how much better it would be for car drivers and pedestrians if they actually followed the highway code, or just used the mostly empty bus services.

Same applies to cars, so many of them speed, pass cyclists far too close and talkj on their phones while driving. At least cyclists don't kill (many) people.
Very infrequently meet horses, when I do they seem to behave in a predictable and safety conscious manner. Cyclists includes the suicidal hoody wearing bmx bandits dressed in black with no lights and reflectors who try throwing themselves under my wheels at night doing stunts off the kerb.
Original post by RumpeIstiltskin
I don't see why a horse should even be on the road, at least there's actually a reason for a cyclist to be on the road. Also, cyclists don't leave massive piles of crap all over the road; I don't see why dog owners get fined for not picking up the waste yet horse riders can just leave it there.

Apparently it's because horse poo has less toxins in than poo from dogs or people.
As a cyclist

both

I often see huge crowds of Lycra-clad old men on their roads bikes huffing and puffing along, but literally they insist on riding 4 side-by-side rather than single file-freaking idiots :angry:

Horse-riders are pretty annoying also, loads of them ride horses which are easily "spooked" and start thrashing about on the road which is dangerous for both passers-by and the rider. I also wonder why not cleaning up after your pet dog is a something you get fined for, but not cleaning up after your horse is totally Ok :rolleyes:
Maybe i`m just biased given that as a pedestrian, i`ve been hit 5 times by cyclists doing what they shouldn`t but only once by a car (and that was deliberate).

I would rather be hit by 100 cyclists than hit by 1 car doing 40 is a 30 zone.
As a cyclist horses scare me.
Stupid thread is stupid.

Thought OP was one of the OK members of this forum.
Obv I'm wrong.
Original post by RumpeIstiltskin

Horses were on the roads first :wink: also what reason does a cyclist have to be on the road that a horse doesn't? Let's be sensible here, how could a rider possibly pick up several kg of dung while mounted?
Original post by muchoonellykins
Horses were on the roads first :wink: also what reason does a cyclist have to be on the road that a horse doesn't? Let's be sensible here, how could a rider possibly pick up several kg of dung while mounted?

More importantly, where would they put it?

I cycle a lot, don't mind horses. Most cyclists are good road users, it's the arses that stick out like sore thumbs :bike:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a horse rider and a cyclist: cars are most annoying. They speed past horses and come too close to both horse riders and cyclists. And they're the ones who are polluting the planet.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
As a horse rider and a cyclist: cars are most annoying. They speed past horses and come too close to both horse riders and cyclists. And they're the ones who are polluting the planet.

I agree entirely. Get rid of the cars, I say! Or at least use them less

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dumb cyclist who think they're invincible.

Would love to kick a horse though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending