The Student Room Group

Edexcel PE theory tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jshep000
i knew the answers to all the fill in ones, but i just cant remember what i put right now xD

I put (in order):
Long term affect
Forgot what I put here
Cardiovascular hypertrophy
Reply 61
Original post by Sacred Ground
I put (in order):
Long term affect
Forgot what I put here
Cardiovascular hypertrophy

what was the sentence for the hypertrophy one?
Reply 62
what was the sentence for the hypertrophy one?

It was basically "________ is a long term benefit of exercise on the CV system" But I can't remember it word for word.
Reply 63
Original post by lerjj
It was basically "________ is a long term benefit of exercise on the CV system" But I can't remember it word for word.

oh so you could have any long term benefit for the cardiovascular system; i put increase stroke volume
oh so you could have any long term benefit for the cardiovascular system; i put increase stroke volume

Isn't that a short-term affect?
i think i put lower resting heart rate
Original post by Sacred Ground
Isn't that a short-term affect?

Yeah it is short term cause it is blood leaving each beat
not 100% sure tho
But it can be long term because if u exercise regularly you will have more efficent heart so much blood will leave heart each sec -_-
Guys on the one about movement possible at a joint did you have to say abbduction and adduction to get one mark or if u put them as 2 answrs is that right ??
Original post by ibby12345
Guys on the one about movement possible at a joint did you have to say abbduction and adduction to get one mark or if u put them as 2 answrs is that right ??

I wrote exactly this:
Abduction+Adduction
Rotation
The National Body was the FA or any other sport national body like somebody said the badminton one i think
Original post by Quinners7
I wrote exactly this:
Abduction+Adduction
Rotation

Ahi new all the possible movements just didnt undertand the question
Would PESSCL be a governing national body?
Original post by BarneyMartin
Would PESSCL be a governing national body?

No, it's a sport related initiative. They wanted something like the FA or RFU
Am I the only one who found this paper very easy? I normally trip up on PE theory but for once I felt like I breezed through this...
Original post by ibby12345
Ahi new all the possible movements just didnt undertand the question

Yeah it took me some time to understand the question, but I was just showing you that I put abb and add on the same line so therefore one mark and the other mark was for rotation
Original post by Quinners7
Yeah it took me some time to understand the question, but I was just showing you that I put abb and add on the same line so therefore one mark and the other mark was for rotation

I dont understand how adduction and abduction are the same thing, surely if you just put them then you would get 2 marks as they are different types of movement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
I dont understand how adduction and abduction are the same thing, surely if you just put them then you would get 2 marks as they are different types of movement

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wanted a possible move so like adduction to abduction and rotation is it's own movement :smile:
Original post by Ben4

Posted from TSR Mobile

It asked for the 2 ranges of movement, adduction to abduction is a range of movement, as is rotation.
If you got full marks in the coursework and practicals, what would you need for an A* out if 80 on this exam?
Original post by BarneyMartin
If you got full marks in the coursework and practicals, what would you need for an A* out if 80 on this exam?

Quick Reply

Latest