The Student Room Group

so nervous to volunteer

Hello im so nervous please help.i want to start volunteering in a reception class to see if this is the job for me i am due to start volunteering tommorow just for the morning and am exstremely nervous please help with advice as i actually want to go tommorow instead of put it off
Reply 1
They won't expect you to know everything. Just remember to smile and be friendly -- and if you're not sure, ask!
Reply 2
Thank you so much in worried my nerves will show
Original post by Juno
They won't expect you to know everything. Just remember to smile and be friendly -- and if you're not sure, ask!
Reply 3
Don't think about it. Think of things you enjoy doing which you do not get nervous over, It'll help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annymonous

dont worry about it!! the children love you so they will make you feel super comfortable straight away!!
its normal to be nervous but you will be able to just get get to know them and it will be fine! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by annymonous

So what if they do? Being nervous is a good thing - it shows you actually care about this! Presumably the school is aware you haven't done this before so they'll probably expect you to be nervous anyway. And if it does go terribly you can always go home and never see them again.
Reply 6
Original post by SMEGGGY
Don't think about it. Think of things you enjoy doing which you do not get nervous over, It'll help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou so much
Reply 7
Thank you so much
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
So what if they do? Being nervous is a good thing - it shows you actually care about this! Presumably the school is aware you haven't done this before so they'll probably expect you to be nervous anyway. And if it does go terribly you can always go home and never see them again.

true thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending