The Student Room Group

Regents University London

Hello!
I'm thinking about going to this university to study in the business school doing a finance degree. Does anyone know anything about Regents? I understand it's a very international university but I'm wondering what it's like for a British Student?
Any insight would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Hi there,
My name is Tom, I'm currently studying on the Global Business with Sustainability pathway in Regent's University. It's very interesting being here as a british student, as indeed with a great amount of the student body being international it does make you a bit of a small select group. However, it's not a bad thing that the majority of the students are international as it helps you to understand other cultures better and also make lots of different friends from many different parts of the world, which is interesting as you can hear their views on news topics happening in their countries. If you have more questions feel free to ask :smile:

Tom
Reply 2
Thanks Tom!
I've been trying to contact Regents with a couple of questions but I haven't been able to get a definitive answer.. So i hope you don't mind if I ask you a couple more questions? You may not be able to give me an answer but it's worth a shot!
I can't seem to find any statistics on Regents, however I assume this is largely based upon it being a private university. Obviously I would be going largely for the experience, and contacts however how do you feel Regents is viewed to say potential employers?
Also my tariff points come to around 320 points, I'm looking at doing a finance degree. I'm finding it very difficult to get definitive entry requirements, however if I were to apply for the 3 year course, do you think it is likely if my requirements were too low whether they would allow me to do a foundation degree first?

Many Thanks
Edward
Original post by ted06
Thanks Tom!
I've been trying to contact Regents with a couple of questions but I haven't been able to get a definitive answer.. So i hope you don't mind if I ask you a couple more questions? You may not be able to give me an answer but it's worth a shot!
I can't seem to find any statistics on Regents, however I assume this is largely based upon it being a private university. Obviously I would be going largely for the experience, and contacts however how do you feel Regents is viewed to say potential employers?
Also my tariff points come to around 320 points, I'm looking at doing a finance degree. I'm finding it very difficult to get definitive entry requirements, however if I were to apply for the 3 year course, do you think it is likely if my requirements were too low whether they would allow me to do a foundation degree first?

Many Thanks
Edward

Hi Edward,
Thanks for your interest in Regent's.
I'm just double checking your query re UCAS points with our admissions team, and I'll get back to you with a response to this shortly.

We have a few different Finance/Business degrees, and they all have integrated Foundation options, so if you don't meet the requirements for direct entry to the degree programme, you would be able to take the integrated foundation option.

I'll be in touch shortly with those details,
Hannah
Original post by ted06
Thanks Tom!

Many Thanks
Edward

Hi again Edward,

I have checked this with our admissions team and I can confirm that 320 UCAS points will allow you to enter directly into either our BA (Hons) Global Management - pathway in Global Financial Management, or our BA (Hons) International Business programme (which has a Finance major), presuming you are not taking an A-level subject which is your native language (i.e. Italian student taking Italian A-level).

If your native language is not English, you would also need to provide proof of your English proficiency.

They are both great programmes. The first one is a three year degree and is more of a straight business programme (which Tom is taking, although I've suggested a different pathway, more related to Finance. The second one is longer - 3.5 years, and includes study abroad, language study, and work experience.

It's also worth noting that both of these programmes have scholarships available which you could apply for.
For the Global Management programme, there is the Merit-Based Award, worth up to 50% of your fees.
For the International Business programme, there is the European Business School London International Scholarship, which is one full scholarship and two half scholarships.
Further details and other funding options such as through Student Finance England is available on the specific programme pages.

Please let me know if you have any further queries or questions I can help with.

Best wishes,
Hannah
Reply 5
I received an unconditional for Global Management - pathway in Global Business Management - BA (Hons) starting September of 2015. How do I go about applying for the Merit Based award?
Hi!! I would like to know if is it good for psychology?
Original post by tomanddogs
Hi there,
My name is Tom, I'm currently studying on the Global Business with Sustainability pathway in Regent's University. It's very interesting being here as a british student, as indeed with a great amount of the student body being international it does make you a bit of a small select group. However, it's not a bad thing that the majority of the students are international as it helps you to understand other cultures better and also make lots of different friends from many different parts of the world, which is interesting as you can hear their views on news topics happening in their countries. If you have more questions feel free to ask :smile:

Tom

Hi Tom, I know it's a bit late so I don't know if you'll see this but I am looking into studying at Regent's and I'm confused about how the finance part works.. How do the majority of students pay their fees? Do people apply to sfe for part of their fees and then a different students loans company to cover the other part?.. I'm not a British national but I've been living here for a decade. Hope to hear from you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rebenoche
Hi Tom, I know it's a bit late so I don't know if you'll see this but I am looking into studying at Regent's and I'm confused about how the finance part works.. How do the majority of students pay their fees? Do people apply to sfe for part of their fees and then a different students loans company to cover the other part?.. I'm not a British national but I've been living here for a decade. Hope to hear from you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm afraid Tom joined up just to make that single post in May 2014 and hasn't been on TSR since.

@Regent's University London might be able to help you
Original post by Regent's University London
Hi Edward,
Thanks for your interest in Regent's.
I'm just double checking your query re UCAS points with our admissions team, and I'll get back to you with a response to this shortly.

We have a few different Finance/Business degrees, and they all have integrated Foundation options, so if you don't meet the requirements for direct entry to the degree programme, you would be able to take the integrated foundation option.

I'll be in touch shortly with those details,
Hannah

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest