The Student Room Group

Why are people so bad at detecting troll threads?

The whole time I've been on TSR I've noticed how bad so many of you are at figuring out if a thread or post is trying to troll you. If you have to question it, it's probably a troll.

It's infuriating watching all the derpy people start raging at obvious bait.

Anyway, good night.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Oats
The whole time I've been on TSR I've noticed how bad so many of you are at figuring out if a thread or post is trying to troll you. If you have to question it, it's probably a troll.

Anyway, good night.

Spoiler

How sure are you that there walk tricksters amongst us? Such 'trolls' I hear of are surely a myth in this part of the land at least for this is not the Ettin boroughs from whence they come.
(edited 9 years ago)
Bcuz they dont eat oats
I just lost the game.
You made me think about

Spoiler

:cry2:
i discourage this 'troll-spotter' mentality because sometimes people just want to discuss a controversial topic. if no one discussed controversial topics, the chat, religion and society forums would be dead.
Reply 6
Original post by Oats

Anyway, good night.

Spoiler

You're not banned yet? :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by dire wolf
if no one discussed controversial topics, the chat, religion and society forums would be dead.

You say that like it's a bad thing.
What the hell is OP talking about dey gud topicz
I lost omg no i hate you
Reply 10
Original post by ipoop
You're not banned yet? :tongue:

Nah man, been a good boy and not written any more stories, speaking of which, I need to finish that one with Tyrion in.
Oh, damn you.
I started one earlier and got 7 thumbs up.

In the thread I - Claimed laws against those who believe Islam is not peaceful should be enforced, claimed those who disagreed with Muslims are bigots, claimed the word Muslim should be outlawed from the media, claimed Christians signing Christmas carolls were int he wrong for not singing Mohammad Christmas carrols, Claimed disagreeing with Islam as a religion of peace is race-hate. What does that tell you about some of the grandiose/domineering/extremist views from a certain section of this thread and society as a whole.
Reply 13
Original post by CryptoidAlien
I started one earlier and got 7 thumbs up.

In the thread I - Claimed laws against those who believe Islam is not peaceful should be enforced, claimed those who disagreed with Muslims are bigots, claimed the word Muslim should be outlawed from the media, claimed Christians signing Christmas carolls were int he wrong for not singing Mohammad Christmas carrols, Claimed disagreeing with Islam as a religion of peace is race-hate. What does that tell you about some of the grandiose/domineering/extremist views from a certain section of this thread and society as a whole.

Good show, sir.

I was first to reply but didn't bite as I was like "His posts are usually pretty good" :holmes:
What's a troll? :hmmmm:
Reply 15
Original post by Champagne Supernova
What's a troll? :hmmmm:

Big scary Scandinavian blokes
Original post by Oats
Big scary Scandinavian blokes

Isnt Oats trolling right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Isnt Oats trolling right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Beet me to it yep I'd say this is definitely a :troll: :troll: :troll:
love that emoji too much!
Next time your partner says" Come in here and have a look at this before I flush it away" just go and have a look. Chances are your partner has had a premonition of who the next prime minister is. Make a killing at the bookies.

Quick Reply

Latest