The Student Room Group

Got good offers, but want to defer (Web Development)

Hey,

So for the past two years instead of doing A-Levels/BTEC I completed an apprenticeship as a Web Developer. I received an unconditional offer from Hull for games development, unconditional offer from Portsmouth for Digital Media and an unconditional offer from Southampton Solent for Web Design and Development.

Southampton Solent is my main choice uni so I'm definitely looking towards that. However I'm due to start a new job at a national web design/development company which is an amazing opportunity. Will they let me defer for a year whilst I get more experience in the field which the degree is related to? I already have 2 years, plus this 1 year and also my placement year will give me 4 years professional experience (not including freelancing) before I even graduate.

thanks
Reply 1
You would need to check with the uni as nobody here can say. However, you do have a good reason for wanting to defer!
Original post by SinicalDev
Hey,

So for the past two years instead of doing A-Levels/BTEC I completed an apprenticeship as a Web Developer. I received an unconditional offer from Hull for games development, unconditional offer from Portsmouth for Digital Media and an unconditional offer from Southampton Solent for Web Design and Development.

Southampton Solent is my main choice uni so I'm definitely looking towards that. However I'm due to start a new job at a national web design/development company which is an amazing opportunity. Will they let me defer for a year whilst I get more experience in the field which the degree is related to? I already have 2 years, plus this 1 year and also my placement year will give me 4 years professional experience (not including freelancing) before I even graduate.

thanks

Nowadays experience is the currency not academy qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending