The Student Room Group

KCL MA in International Peace and Security vs. Conflict, Security and Development

Hello guys! I am a LLB Law with Criminology graduate who recently decided that he wants to do his masters next year (I was planning to take a second gap year so that I can do a second traineeship at the European Parliament but changed my mind).
I did a thorough research and found out that the Department of War Studies of King's College, London is the most prestigious in the UK. I chose two different courses- the ones stated in the title of this thread. However, I cannot decide which one I would like to do. I know that the IPS is more concentrated on law than the other one, but it is still difficult for me to choose which one to apply for. I would like to pursue a career in risk analysis or for a governmental organisation (ministry of foreign affairs or defence). What would you advise me?
It is a separate matter that I am probably too late with my application- I guess that most people have already applied and received offers. I would apply anyway, after all there is nothing bad in trying. If I fail I would try again next year. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by VikO
Hello guys! I am a LLB Law with Criminology graduate who recently decided that he wants to do his masters next year (I was planning to take a second gap year so that I can do a second traineeship at the European Parliament but changed my mind).
I did a thorough research and found out that the Department of War Studies of King's College, London is the most prestigious in the UK. I chose two different courses- the ones stated in the title of this thread. However, I cannot decide which one I would like to do. I know that the IPS is more concentrated on law than the other one, but it is still difficult for me to choose which one to apply for. I would like to pursue a career in risk analysis or for a governmental organisation (ministry of foreign affairs or defence). What would you advise me?
It is a separate matter that I am probably too late with my application- I guess that most people have already applied and received offers. I would apply anyway, after all there is nothing bad in trying. If I fail I would try again next year. :smile:

Hi,
I have just seen your post and well, i am trying to decide what is best for me between the two (I ve a background in economics and Politics). I am leaning towards the MA in IPS. What did you end up doing in the end? Do you like it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending