The Student Room Group

Re-sitting Advanced highers

Is it possible to re-sit Advanced Highers if you don't get the grades you need?
Reply 1
Sorry I can't be any help as I don't know. But I'd love to know the answer too!
Original post by whybird

So, I take it you have conditions resting on your performance in your AH exams this year? If you don't mind my asking, which subjects are they are for and what? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ladymarshmallow
So, I take it you have conditions resting on your performance in your AH exams this year? If you don't mind my asking, which subjects are they are for and what? :smile:

The offer is dependent on AH grades :frown:
Original post by whybird
The offer is dependent on AH grades :frown:

Which course and where? :smile:
Reply 5
chemistry
Reply 6
Original post by Delenelie
I want to resit an Advanced Higher too.
But there is absolutely no college in Scotland that does them. Which is really unfair as almost every single one of the English unis require you to have AH's...

Edinburgh College offers Advanced Highers in French, Spanish, German and Gaelic. Advanced Higher PE at West Lothian College. So some places do do them.
You may not be able to resit AHs, but you can go to college and do HNCs and HNDs in subjects related to your university degree. In your case - for Chemistry - I know there are Applied Sciences courses and such at college that might offer a gateway into university. Best thing to do is contact the universities and ask their advice on which college courses would strengthen your application and allow you to reapply a year or two down the line.
Most people say that HNCs/HNDs are the equivalent to Advanced Highers.
Reply 9
Original post by Delenelie

there are a few AH courses see ChrissyH post.

but as others have mentioned theres HNCs which are on par with Advance Highers according to SCQF, both level 7
http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/B63338_SQA_A6_ready%20reckoner.pdf

what are you planning on studying?
Reply 10
Original post by whybird

I think your best bet is to go to college and do an HNC, possibly and HND if you still can't do the course you want.
Reply 11
HNC/D may be a better option for you. My old college (Langside, but it has since merged with other colleges) used to offer them in English, Modern Studies, Maths, Music, Economics, and some of the other sciences (I think), as well as A-level Music and Maths/Further Maths, but I don't think they offer them any more due to all the cuts and re-structuring, and AH Econ and AH Modies were never advertised on the site, and something arranged between potential candidates and the lecturers.

It depends on what you want to study and where, but the HNC/D is something to look into.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending