The Student Room Group

Chance me for Oxford's PPE or Econ with Management?

I'm an international student under the Indian system. I have the pre requisite grades and predicted grades in hand.

I'm expecting a 2100+ SAT.

As for ECs, I've gone on a Service Project to Hungary, attended an MUN representing a country in the ECOSOC, have years of martial arts training under my belt and will give my grade 8 ABRSM piano exam this November.
I'm also elected prefect and have represented my school at multiple spelling competitions and won them, in addition to winning writing competitions.

Do I stand much of a chance to get PPE or Econ at Oxford?

Thank you for your time!
Original post by shystarryskies
As for ECs, I've gone on a Service Project to Hungary, attended an MUN representing a country in the ECOSOC, have years of martial arts training under my belt and will give my grade 8 ABRSM piano exam this November.
I'm also elected prefect and have represented my school at multiple spelling competitions and won them, in addition to winning writing competitions.

it doesn't matter. Are you quite good at maths and also able to score well on the TSA?

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/our-services/thinking-skills/tsa-oxford/preparing-for-tsa-oxford/
Thanks for your reply!
I'm reasonably good at maths, and I'm pretty sure I'll do well on the TSA with practice. But does Oxford not consider ECs at all? Everything is based on grades, the interview and the TSA?
Original post by shystarryskies
I'm an international student under the Indian system. I have the pre requisite grades and predicted grades in hand.

I'm expecting a 2100+ SAT.

Do I stand much of a chance to get PPE or Econ at Oxford?

Thank you for your time!

Whilst it may be good that you've done all these extra curriculars, the only thing that matters is grades and interview+test performances (unlike in the US). If you're capable of achieving the highest grades that your exams offer and ace the interview then you'll get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending