The Student Room Group

ethnic minorities 20-30% by 2050

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by PurpleSquid
hahahahahahahahaha
people that are genuinely concerned about the loss of the "white race" make me laugh so much

This. If all blacks were to disappear from Jamaica in 20 years I wouldn't give a ****. Progress of nature, races come, races go. No race has an entitlement to exist in a certain land forever. You think Arabs have been in Syria forever? You think Africans have been in Jamaica forever?, You think Anglo-Saxons have been in England forever? No.
Reply 41
Original post by WGR
This. If all blacks were to disappear from Jamaica in 20 years I wouldn't give a ****. Progress of nature, races come, races go. No race has an entitlement to exist in a certain land forever. You think Arabs have been in Syria forever? You think Africans have been in Jamaica forever?, You think Anglo-Saxons have been in England forever? No.

the change is taking place naturally, not by force.
Reply 42
Original post by slade p
the change is taking place naturally, not by force.

Not sure if serious...
Arabs invaded Syria violently in the 600s AD
Anglo Saxons invaded England violently in the 400s AD
Africans were forcefully brought over by the boatload into Jamaica in the 1700s AD

Yet all these people now see the land as their natural home for some reason.
Reply 43
Original post by WGR
Not sure if serious...
Arabs invaded Syria violently in the 600s AD
Anglo Saxons invaded England violently in the 400s AD
Africans were forcefully brought over by the boatload into Jamaica in the 1700s AD

Yet all these people now see the land as their natural home for some reason.

yeh well those examples are of force, this is by natural demographic change. or are you so unintelligent to not even realise the difference.
Reply 44
Original post by yo radical one
Don't really mind (hopefully I will have moved out by then), but only White people would put up with this

Hardly anyone in SA is White

actually 9 % are white which is high, plus they came by force. if your so bothered then increase your population naturally. if not then stop whining as you have no valid grounds too.
I don't think Europe will remain in its current state with these massive demographic changes.

The most likely outcome will probably be balkanisation of the continent along ethnic/racial/religious fault lines; which is what we see in other parts of the world.

The most diverse areas of the world are also the most volatile and it's fantasy of the highest order to believe that it's just going to be different in Europe.
Reply 46
Original post by No Man
I'm not bothered, as long as they act/continue to act like Westerners.

And here we are accrediting ourselves for diversity, surely we want them to act differently! Well, not as in undermine our ways of life, but still... it's good to have different ways of life, we can pick up on the benefits of each.
Reply 47
Original post by DanyaI
And here we are accrediting ourselves for diversity, surely we want them to act differently! Well, not as in undermine our ways of life, but still... it's good to have different ways of life, we can pick up on the benefits of each.

Not if it's cultural diversity.
It's why immigration into the US works better than immigration here, generally.
Original post by imtelling

The most likely outcome will probably be balkanisation of the continent along ethnic/racial/religious fault lines

This has already happened - in the 1990s, when the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia all split up. The only new break-ups of countries that we're likely to see in the near future - Scotland, Catalonia, Basque Country. etc - are happening regardless of immigration.
I don't care.
Better to have diversity.
I'm fresh out of ****s to give.
Original post by anarchism101
This has already happened - in the 1990s, when the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia all split up. The only new break-ups of countries that we're likely to see in the near future - Scotland, Catalonia, Basque Country. etc - are happening regardless of immigration.

Yes, its difficult enough keeping a country united even with relatively homogenous population, but with highly diverse populations, it's almost impossible in the long term.

Mass immigration has almost guaranteed a future of conflict, not just for Britain, but for all of Western Europe.
Reply 53
Original post by WGR

Wonderfully said. I don't understand why its such a big deal.
Original post by Dee Leigh
I don't care.

Of course you don't care. You are a racist.
Reply 55
Original post by meenu89
Can you name me a paper which isn't biased?

You've missed my point. I don't care if he quoted the gaurdian. Most papers make bad sources.
Of course you don't care. You are a racist.

I am not a racist.
Yes, its difficult enough keeping a country united even with relatively homogenous population, but with highly diverse populations, it's almost impossible in the long term.

Only if we continue to hold to the paradigm of nation-states, which are becoming increasingly redundant for other reasons anyway.
Original post by Jimbo1234
No, it is both and actually ageing is not all that bad as educated folks tend to work far later into retirement than normal people.
Seeing that we produce 50% less houses per year (for well over a decade now), why do we need a growing population ? :rolleyes:

no you didn't understand the point- uk already has highest age dependant population ever, ie the numbers of non-working retired claiming beenifts etc wil be highest ever - who has to fund beenfits system eventually? younger working population. so that requires increase in birth rate . without immigrants, birth rate would be pathetically low in this country and unsustainble for number of oaps
Original post by Abstraction
Cool. It's going to happen whether people like it or not. Even the Economist said that whites will be a minority in America soon enough, I see no problem with that. Immigrants are not the problem, psychopathic politicians and corporations are. The sooner people realise this, the better.

so what - was america supposed to be a white majority? white people only colonised the place 300 odd years ago. if you have to turn nation residence into a colour issue, think of this- white people originated in the icy wastelands of north of the Caucuses - hence they developed white skin, what are they doing this far south of the arctic circle?

Quick Reply

Latest