The Student Room Group

WJEC History Unit 3 America 1929-2000

How'd you guys find it? I think it was slightly harder than usual.
I thought it was OK, my mind went completely black when it came to the 8 marker about the music
Reply 2
That was the easiest exam I will ever sit in my life, sorry if anyone found it hard, but I was so enjoying that paper. My 10 marker got a little scruffy so maybe 3 marks dropped maximum, but even saying that, my SPAG was decent. I hope I've got A*.

Incredibly glad I did a quick glance at the NAACP before ;]
Yeah I think all the questions were fairly easy, I didn't find the music one that bad, i just kinda went on about Elvis Presley for a while. I was so glad Montgomery bus boycott came up, I found that one really easy. I hope I get an A*.
Overall thought the questions were fairly simple. Had no idea what write about on music and young people, I completely forgot about Elvis and ended up improvising. Other than that there was no problems
In the options questions I did Race Issues and Foreign Policy - I hadn't revised America in Transition :P
Reply 6
Original post by bri_morgan
Overall thought the questions were fairly simple. Had no idea what write about on music and young people, I completely forgot about Elvis and ended up improvising. Other than that there was no problems

I just wrote about how the 50's reflected the emergence of the teenager, mostly protesting against their parents and their lifestyles, so I wrote how Rock & Roll from Elvis reflected that etc.
In terms of the 60's, I spoke about how it was a turbulent decade and this was reflected in the music, with anti-war songs, the hippy movement and Civil Rights.

Quick Reply

Latest