The Student Room Group

Should i change schools?

Should i change schools?
I am 14 and in year 9 and i have ADHD and Autism. I am bullied every day and lots of people makes hurtful comments and laugh. I told staff members lots of times but the kids won't stop and even if i chase one kid no use because there at lots more bullies. I have no friends and in the new school i will try my best to make friends

I have tolerated this bullying for 2 years. Should i change schools and go to a area where nobody recognises me? I have a good school in mind and also i can make friends easily because no one knows my past there. Should i talk to my parents?

I am currently in a Comprehensive School and wish to change to a Grammar but if i don't get in another Comprehensive would do.
Not 2 its 2 1/2 years i tolerated bullying.
No one should have to put up with bullying. If you want to change schools in year nine I would imagine you should do so quickly. Year 10 is the official start year for GCSE courses but many schools start them earlier. You should carefully research the schools you are planning to attend to make sure that their pastoral care system is good and they can meet your needs. You have to consider school is ,for most people, not a massive amount of fun and therefore should be seen as a business opportunity. Don't sacrifice your chance at good grades for bullies, you have to weigh up whether you will get better grades staying where you are because members of staff know you or it is a good school, or whether you will get better grades by going to a different school because you won't have the continual stress of bullying. If you believe that the latter is true then discuss it with your parents. As someone who is not cool and could fit their social calendar in a thimble I understand the attraction of moving away to a new school, but you should always put your grades before your reputation among students as in a few years you may never have to see them again.

Quick Reply