The Student Room Group

C1 (MEI OCR) May 19th

Scroll to see replies

Is there a thread for C2 ???
can anybody please....if possible ofc, post a link for the unofficial marking scheme for the C1May 19 paper??
Reply 422
Original post by dawarbot
can anybody please....if possible ofc, post a link for the unofficial marking scheme for the C1May 19 paper??

I dont think theres a link for the official one, however, if you scroll through the previous pages all the students have come up with one which is pretty accurate.
Reply 423
Original post by pinkgorilla

I dont think there is one for OCR MEI. Make one maybe?
Original post by pinkgorilla

Dont think so. It's not for a couple of weeks is it?
Original post by GreenArrow
Looking at this thread, I think I failed epically!!!:angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think you will get ?
yes I got that to !!!
Reply 428
what does everyone think the grade boundaries will be. probably slightly higher than last years (62), maybe 63 considering theres no January re-sits. also what was the answer to the final question (worth 5 marks) as i could do the factorisation bit but not the bit before that
Reply 429
Original post by bills12
what does everyone think the grade boundaries will be. probably slightly higher than last years (62), maybe 63 considering theres no January re-sits. also what was the answer to the final question (worth 5 marks) as i could do the factorisation bit but not the bit before that

The grade boundaries will NOT be higher. The grade boundary for an A should be anywhere from 54 to 59 whereas the grade boundary for an E would be just below 30 (27-30)
The exam was harder than the rest I thought, seemed longer and more complicated.
Original post by bills12

Lower. January exams would make it higher... Also harder than last years paper.
Reply 431
Original post by JackB784
Lower. January exams would make it higher... Also harder than last years paper.

Original post by Myosin
The grade boundaries will NOT be higher. The grade boundary for an A should be anywhere from 54 to 59 whereas the grade boundary for an E would be just below 30 (27-30)
The exam was harder than the rest I thought, seemed longer and more complicated.

the exam was not harder than last years, you didnt even need to use b^2 -4ac in this one to find a discriminant. only weird question was the last one
Original post by bills12
the exam was not harder than last years, you didnt even need to use b^2 -4ac in this one to find a discriminant. only weird question was the last one

I reckon about 60 for an A
Reply 433
Original post by JackB784
I reckon about 60 for an A

You think it's gonna be that high? Compare this exam which was 4 page long, with the Jan 2013 and June 2013 which were 2 page long each and the grade boundaries for A were 58 and 62 respectively. Considering this was the first sitting for year 12s, I seriously doubt it's going to be any higher than 57 for an A

Quick Reply

Latest