The Student Room Group

Having massive problems with AS Biology (AQA)

My exam for unit 1 is on Wednesday and I am doing a lot of revision but every test paper I do I am usually 3/4 marks off an E!

I am doing absolutely fine in my other subjects, I'm just really really struggling with Biology!

Any ideas on how I can bump my grade up to an E or maybe even a D quickly?
Thankyou!
Reply 1
Biology Unit 1 is mainly memorisation, with little application.
Are they any specific areas which you are losing your marks?
Have you had a look through the specification to see what you need to learn?

E's are usually 20-30 (mainly towards the lower end..25 in Jun 2013) raw marks out of 60.To move up a grade you usually need 4 or 5 more raw marks above the previous grade, which could potentially be just one question.
Reply 2
I'm unsure whether or not you're revising from a textbook. If you aren't, make sure you get a book. It's not enough to just do the past papers, they will not teach you the full range of content that you could be tested on. If you're doing AQA Biology, then the Nelson Thornes AS Biology book is the best, from personal experience, though you may not have time to learn everything in it. Just learn as much as you can. Also, go through the specification and make sure you've covered all the points, because it could be that you're revising from class notes and other textbooks that don't match very well with the specification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending