The Student Room Group

whiteknight jumps in front of truck to save girls life

Scroll to see replies

I'm sure the prospect of sex was the last thing on his mind when a car came swerving towards them. Just because the horny frustrated teens on this forum think about sex every minute of the day doesn't mean everyone else does.
As somebody who gets suicidal thoughts, the reactions in this thread aren't very helpful...
Original post by Josh_B
There are some cynical people on this site...

I'd save one my my good mates regardless of gender because it's the morally right thing to do.

Original post by The_Duck
Just to say, you're all horrible, horrible people.

This... but then again, it doesn't really surprise me given the sorts of posts I read on here on a daily basis. TSRians are generally pretty stupid people, I think. You have to be pretty retarded to think someone would risk their life just to sleep with someone.... *sigh*.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The universal truth about anyone that goes on all the time about the "friend zone" is that most of their interactions with girls end up with them getting rejected. Confident attractive men that are popular with women don't have this obsession with the friend zone.

These guys tend to be socially inept and immature, most normal people have mixed friendship groups, friends from the opposite sex, and a partner, but these guys have none of those things, their inexperience with girls manifests itself in developing consecutive crushes on different girls that they come across through school/college/university/work and then interacting with that girl not in a normal friendship but through hanging around the girl for ages hoping that something will develop "in time" whilst silently crushing on her.

Eventually the penny drops that the girl will never get with them and they get frustrated and bitter, usually against the girl herself and then rage about "friend zone" on the internet to others that can recognise that situation. They aren't interested in forming normal interactions with females, their main goal with females is just finding one of them that will get with them (probably fuelled by years of celibacy and desperation), but this also is a reason they can't actually get with any girl because even if the girl doesn't mind spending time with them she will detect that they are a bit 'odd'.

We have all come across guys like this and you can tell some of the posters on TSR are exactly that type especially in this thread.

I'm sure some of them are going to start flaming me with abuse which is fine by me but if you're gonna flame me have another read of my post and ask yourself does any of that sound like you by any chance? :biggrin:

I guess you have to look at it from their perspective. As you rightly pointed out, these guy have little experience with girls. This leads to them learning about girls through the media, alpha website etc. These all preach the same message that in order for guys like them to ever get a girlfriend or get laid, they need to befriend them first, be nice to them, make them feel special, become her best friend. And eventually, she would sleep with you, maybe even fall in love with you. It makes sense, you see it in the movies all the time. The good guy always get's the girl by being the "nice guy". It's like finding the golden key for these guys, such a simple solution to what has been a longstanding issue. Of course when this doesn't work and the guy realises that this tatics ends up putting him in the "friend zone", it's devastating as again you feel like a failure, like she doesn't appreciate all that work you put into being such a good friend. It's especially annoying when these guys have the idea in their head that girls tend to go for jerks instead.

Of course this isn't the best way to get a girl to be your girlfriend or get laid. But when you're as inexperienced as these guys it seems like safest and easiest route, they don't know any better. Remember, many of these guys have been called losers, freaks, ugly, nerds and odd all their lives. Their self confidence is low, being a confident and attractive guy just seems like an unattainable goal.

I don't think this applies to all guys who bang on about the friendzone, but I'm guessing many. I was kinda one those guys you described.
(edited 9 years ago)
Some people on this thread are so horrible! I doubt he was thinking about sex while a truck was speeding towards his friend!
Original post by Paras Agarwal
Well if u didnt know but its a phrase offering salute to someone :smile:

The phrase is hats off. Not heads. You can't take your head off to salute someone. You can take your hat off. That's what the other user was referring to.
Original post by The Socktor
As somebody who gets suicidal thoughts, the reactions in this thread aren't very helpful...

We all friends in here maynnn.
image.jpg
Reply 67
Original post by Drewski
The phrase is hats off. Not heads. You can't take your head off to salute someone. You can take your hat off. That's what the other user was referring to.

Thanks Drewski.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Lots of jealous guys on this thread.

Jealous to be hit by a truck, get seriously injured and become the girl's best friend?

Original post by what is this
Jealous to be hit by a truck, get seriously injured and become the girl's best friend?

Jealous of a ****ing hero?
Original post by The Socktor
Jealous of a ****ing hero?

Doesn't seem like much of a hero. I mean what's his reward? A few paragraphs in the newspaper?
Original post by what is this
Doesn't seem like much of a hero. I mean what's his reward? A few paragraphs in the newspaper?

The reward isn't what someone a hero (in fact, him doing it for no personal gain makes him more ofa hero) - their actions are. My brother saved my life once, but he didn't get mentioned in any paper.
Reply 72
Idk why so many people are saluting the guy; what he did was completely retarded. To potentially give up your life at 15 to save a friend - a friend that, for all we know, he might not even be that close to - is idiotic. There's a fine line between heroic and stupid, but this is firmly in the latter category.
Original post by matthewduncan
"He is going to be my best friend for the rest of my life"

Ill give it a year before she calls him up in the middle of the night to go shop for her because her boyfriends round and he wants some cigarettes and a packet of haribo.

looool
What a knob.

Why-You-Shouldnt-White-Knight-Girls-for-Dates-picture-by-masonicleaderdotcom.jpg
Original post by xDave-
Idk why so many people are saluting the guy; what he did was completely retarded. To potentially give up your life at 15 to save a friend - a friend that, for all we know, he might not even be that close to - is idiotic. There's a fine line between heroic and stupid, but this is firmly in the latter category.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by xDave-

A life is a life. Me, I can't really say if I'd have the courage to risk my life to save a friend or stranger or even a family memberor close friend (I do have some friends as close to me as my family) - I guess I'll never find until the situation arises. However, to call a person less of a hero because they didn't know the person they saved all that well is silly.
To save somebodies life is, in my eyes one of the bravest things you can do, you risk your life and you save somebody else, not thinking about consequences? you may call it stupid, but it deserves a salute.

I would try to save anyone given the opportunity, I'd rather take the hit than be scarred for life about how I could have helped, if that person died.

But to those people who say it's cos he wanted to get laid, I doubt he had time to think about that, If there was a choice between my male best friend or a girl, even one I knew quite well, I'd choose the best friend.
(edited 9 years ago)
it would be the brave and right thing to do but I probably wouldn't do it.
I'm a coward what can i say :indiff:
Original post by Miel Purple
You keep banging about education...it's not all about education.

LMAO sorry i am indian :tongue:
Original post by Drewski

sorry that i have a samsung that has typo issues!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending