The Student Room Group

would you be turned off by someone who does not believe in sex before marriage?

Hi i was just wondering if any of you ( girls and boys) if you would be turned off and break up with someone or not bother starting a relationship with someone who would not be involved with you sexually in bed while your dating?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wouldn't be interested as I don't intend on getting married. Even if I did, that'd be a long time to wait so I still wouldn't be interested.
Wouldn't be interested because you need to know if you're sexually compatible and sex is a large part of a relationship for the majority of people
Yes, I wouldn't have the relationship. Sex is great and there's no reason I shouldn't get to have it. If a girl said that, I'd assume we are very different people and not pursue.
We wouldn't be compatible. And frankly that incompatibility would range beyond sexual practice: the no-sex-before-marriage brigade are likely to be religious, judgemental, and inhibited. Obviously not all are, but without knowing any other factors, that would be my first assumption.

For me, I wouldn't want to marry someone I wasn't sexually in-sync with, and the only way to know that for sure would be to have sex before marriage. That said, if we were both virgins that may make the matter easier but I'm not a virgin so that would be that I'm afraid.
Reply 5
It wouldn't be the fact that they don't want sex, it would be their reasons why that make them incompatible with me.
Original post by Racheybabey21
Hi i was just wondering if any of you ( girls and boys) if you would be turned off and break up with someone or not bother starting a relationship with someone who would not be involved with you sexually in bed while your dating?

I don think I could get married to someone I hadn't had sex with. Basic compatibility issue. So yeah it would be a deal breaker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm an atheist and I believe in no sex before marriage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Not a popular doctrine nowadays, if indeed it ever was..
Original post by rambo1168

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LightBlueSoldier

It's more of a personal thing. I don't want any guy to be able to talk about how he had sex with me, plus guys might try to date me with only the purpose of having sex, I don't want to give in to that. If a guy waits till marriage, it shows he genuinely cares about me. Plus the only sperm I need is my future husband's

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by LightBlueSoldier

I kinda do too. If not marriage then a LONG time into the relationship, where we have decided we want to spend our lives together.
And because I think it'd be pretty special to only share that with one person. Sex is pretty intimate IMO.
Reply 12
Yes I would. Marriages are so expensive and I wouldn't even think of having one until we've been together for years, I don't know why I should have to spend £1000s on a wedding just so that I can have sex with that person.
(edited 9 years ago)
It's more of a personal thing. I don't want any guy to be able to talk about how he had sex with me, plus guys might try to date me with only the purpose of having sex, I don't want to give in to that. If a guy waits till marriage, it shows he genuinely cares about me. Plus the only sperm I need is my future husband's

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely a better rule would be to wait until love? I don't see why marriage would be so important for an atheist.

It's interesting that your idea of genuinely caring about you is giving you what you want. He could just as easily argue that if you really loved and trusted him, you'd have sex with him.
Original post by Mankytoes
Surely a better rule would be to wait until love? I don't see why marriage would be so important for an atheist.

It's interesting that your idea of genuinely caring about you is giving you what you want. He could just as easily argue that if you really loved and trusted him, you'd have sex with him.

Marriage shows commitment, if he waits then it shows a lot about him, I'd respect him more. Many guys in our age range are immature and would lead on a girl just for sex, tell her she's the one and that he loves her. I'm just scared of falling into that trap, so this is the decision I have made

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no current plans for marriage and celibacy isn't appealing to me so I couldn't make a relationship work with someone refusing to put out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16

Posted from TSR Mobile

A couple of arguments against this 1) you'll get seriously sexually frustrated unless you settle down very young 2) a sexual relationship itself can test love and compatibility. I think it is good to be somewhat selective but I would find no sex before marriage a mite restrictive:colondollar:
Yep, I don't even want to get married tbh.
yep.
Reply 19
Original post by Multitalented me
Yep, I don't even want to get married tbh.

Who wants to get married anyway?:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending