The Student Room Group

Heart labels

heart.png

Question from the specimen paper, I've labelled it with my answers. The mark scheme says

W: coronary arteries
X: aorta
Y: pulmonary artery
Z: pulmonary vein

Surely these are wrong?
(edited 9 years ago)
That seems strange, there's a labelled diagram here and what they've put just doesn't seem to match up. Specimen papers can be wrong sometimes though, I don't think they're checked as thoroughly.
Labeled-Diagram-Of-Human-Heart.jpg
Reply 2
Original post by LyreBirds
That seems strange, there's a labelled diagram here and what they've put just doesn't seem to match up. Specimen papers can be wrong sometimes though, I don't think they're checked as thoroughly.
Labeled-Diagram-Of-Human-Heart.jpg

Original post by majmuh24
I think it's just showing it from a weird angle and the 3D view is a little confusing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I'm guessing they're wrong? It just doesn't match up and even if it is from a weird angle they have said the coronary artery is just one big vessel which can't be right.
Original post by BrokenS0ulz
So I'm guessing they're wrong? It just doesn't match up and even if it is from a weird angle they have said the coronary artery is just one big vessel which can't be right.

Yes, the mark scheme is wrong. There is no issue of any angle in identifying anatomical structures.
You probably would get the mark, though I'm not really sure.
I think in the actual exam they'll give a diagram where the sides of the heart and which vessel is which are more obvious. This image is difficult to see
heart.png

Question from the specimen paper, I've labelled it with my answers. The mark scheme says

W: coronary arteries
X: aorta
Y: pulmonary artery
Z: pulmonary vein

Surely these are wrong?

Yep, the mark scheme is wrong and your answers are right. It's pointed to one particular coronary artery (the left anterior descending) for you to label as "coronary arteries", but you'd still get the marks. It just looks like a rubbishly put together question!
Reply 6
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Yep, the mark scheme is wrong and your answers are right. It's pointed to one particular coronary artery (the left anterior descending) for you to label as "coronary arteries", but you'd still get the marks. It just looks like a rubbishly put together question!

Thankyou :smile: They were probably being lazy :tongue:
Thankyou :smile: They were probably being lazy :tongue:

Yeah, handed the paper off to one of the plant biologists to design who was like "that'll do..." and ended his shift there. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest