The Student Room Group

National 5 physics

I'm feeling ok about the nat 5 physics, do you think it will be a hard exam and what things will be extremely Likely to come up?? :redface:
Abbie
Reply 1
Does anyone have the Hodder Gibson National 5 Physics specimen and model papers book?

If you do I would really appreciate if you could message me or post pictures of the answer section at the back. My mum tore the answers out for me revising and has lost them :/ thanks sooooooooo soo much :biggrin:
What I can say for definite is that there will be calculation questions so remember to use equation triangles :smile:
You're better just learning how to re-arrange equations than memorizing the triangle. If you ever go on to do higher physics (or any other higher subject involving the use of equations) it will be really helpful to know how to quickly rearrange. I can't tell you how many people struggled at the start in my higher physics class because they were bad a rearranging equations causing them to make silly errors and lose marks.
Studying Nat 5 Physics too. I find the equation triangle really useful. Say we were using d = vt, I would put d at the top, v to the left and t at the right.
Original post by lotsofatoms
Studying Nat 5 Physics too. I find the equation triangle really useful. Say we were using d = vt, I would put d at the top, v to the left and t at the right.

Remember that you can't write distance = velocity * time. Velocity is a vector.
It would need to be displacement = velocity*time or distance=speed*time
Yes but correct me if I am wrong in thinking the formula is still d=vt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lotsofatoms
Yes but correct me if I am wrong in thinking the formula is still d=vt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Normally you should write displacement as s not d as it's ambiguous whether you mean distance or displacement
Ideally you should write s=vt\vec{s} = \vec{v} t
Oh, thanks for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abbham12345
I'm feeling ok about the nat 5 physics, do you think it will be a hard exam and what things will be extremely Likely to come up?? :redface:
Abbie

If you know how to do the equations, you will be able toachieve a grade D or C at National 5.

If you know the knowledge behind those equations and general knowledge of physics along with the equations, you should get an A or B.

Physics is not all about maths, it’s about learning the knowledgealong with it.
Learn the knowledge as well, not just the equations.
I got a B at National 5, this was because I didn’t fullyunderstand half the theory.

Tip 2: Do past papers, buy the new national 5 CFE modelpaper book or buy the how to pass national 5 physics book. These are good study resources.

//phone
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending