The Student Room Group

need help: how can I write on cling film?

Im trying to write on cling film, but after the smallest of marks, the ink stops coming through and its just indenting the cling film not writing on it.

I've tried to use a marker too but its smudging.

Is this actually possible?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by heiljoe
Im trying to write on cling film, but after the smallest of marks, the ink stops coming through and its just indenting the cling film not writing on it.

I've tried to use a marker too but its smudging.

Is this actually possible?

I think markers can work, but make sure it's permanent and not washable! :tongue: Better thing, if you're trying to wrap something, draw/write whatever it is on a piece of paper, and then sandwich it between a layer of cling film :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Tappouni
I think markers can work, but make sure it's permanent and not washable! :tongue: Better thing, if you're trying to wrap something, draw/write whatever it is on a piece of paper, and then sandwich it between a layer of cling film :biggrin:

have you done this before?

but surely if you sandwhich a piece of paper like that its going to reduce flexibilty when you wrap up and be fairly obvious from noise and restricted movement etc. that something is being concealed?
Reply 3
Original post by heiljoe
have you done this before?

but surely if you sandwhich a piece of paper like that its going to reduce flexibilty when you wrap up and be fairly obvious from noise and restricted movement etc. that something is being concealed?

A thick permanent marker is fine, but if you need something fine...surely there are finer versions?

Admittedly the situation was probably different (wrapping up someone's car :wink:), but putting paper underneath worked there to make the writing more obvious. Writing straight on cling film though, a permanent marker is what you want.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
use correcting fluid
Tipp-ex, quick drying permanent marker
Reply 6
A thick permanent marker is fine, but if you need something fine...surely there are finer versions?

Admittedly the situation was probably different (wrapping up someone's car :wink:), but putting paper underneath worked there to make the writing more obvious. Writing straight on cling film though, a permanent marker is what you want.

basically im trying to put my revision notes on to cling film but its not going too well

i've found a biro thats working, and everything else seems to smudge

i may go buy a permanent marker, but im just not going to be able write clear enough or small enough
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Stinkum
use correcting fluid

Original post by PricklyPorcupine
Tipp-ex, quick drying permanent marker

im not sure these would be fine enough
Reply 8
Original post by heiljoe
basically im trying to put my revision notes on to cling film but its not going too well

Surely paper/card is better for revision notes? :tongue:
what do you intend do with it?
Reply 10
Surely paper/card is better for revision notes? :tongue:

not for what I have in mind

im sure you can figure it out
Original post by heiljoe

Not quite sure what you mean, but if you're planning to stick the notes to something, paper and Blu-Tack? :tongue:
Reply 12
Not quite sure what you mean, but if you're planning to stick the notes to something, paper and Blu-Tack? :tongue:

basically conceal the notes on my person
Reply 13
Sharpie.
Original post by heiljoe

I don't think you can call them revision notes then...

Quick Reply

Latest