The Student Room Group

Rating the opposite sex

Do you rate the opposite sex on looks?

Apparently guys aim for girls that are two ratings higher than themselves and girls go two less. Do you agree?

Scroll to see replies

I disagree. Most couples I see are around the same levels of attractiveness, there are exceptions though

I "rate" them but not really in numbers.
Reply 2
Rating? No dont do that ****.
I sometimes do in my head, but I never say anything to them about it
I don't rate them, I just notice if they're quite attractive, somewhat attractive or unattractive. I have simple tastes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by kayleighisonfire

Apparently guys aim for girls that are two ratings higher than themselves and girls go two less. Do you agree?

I will have to agree with you, I've seen a lot of guys punching above their weight. Though I suppose with things like make up some girls can easily go up two ratings with the stroke of a brush.
I think looks are important at the beginning, but then when you get to know someone, it's what they are really like that counts?
I dont rate any guy. Its just a yes or no. Simple as that .

I always thought girls aim higher and guys aim roughly where they rate themselves. This seems to be the case at my age-band.

I sort of do it, but then again I sometimes do the same with personality. My looks ratings don't mean much, as I rarely go below 5 anyway.
You mean, do I go round rating people of the opposite sex on the street? No :erm:
Reply 10
Yes. There are two ratings: would bang or would not bang.
Original post by alow
Yes. There are two ratings: would bang or would not bang.

What about 'would bang with the force of 1000 TSR virgins'
I don't rate couples that much but most of the time they're the same
Reply 13
No, I don't have some terminator-styled brain where it instantly rates anyone of the opposite gender. I don't really believe in those things.
Reply 14
Original post by hello101010
What about 'would bang with the force of 1000 TSR virgins'

I call that one "The Bassetts".
Reply 15
no, they just have to be attractive enough.

No, it's the opposite. Guys have to settle, not girls. Unless guys being more desperate leads them to inflate the ratings they give in the first place.
Original post by alow
I call that one "The Bassetts".
I'm not a virgin though.
Reply 18
Surely it's subjective anyway? My friends and I all have different tastes so maybe my girlfriend wouldn't be as high on their scales as mine and vice-versa. I typically seem to go for slim, dark haired, fair skinned, petite (although I don't really think I have a criteria, I just seem to go for that type) whereas I know guys who like tall, blonde, tanned etc etc. Some guys like bigger girls some guys like smaller ones too!
Reply 19
Original post by Bassetts
I'm not a virgin though.

Sure thing bud.

Quick Reply

Latest