The Student Room Group

Analysis of Curley OMAM

Can someone help me with an in depth analysis of Curley from Of Mice and Men please? :smile:
From what I know, he is "a small fella that hates on big fellas" (if that's the quote of Candy, from the top of my head) and a main thing to know about him is his wife - Curley's wife.
You can find out quite a bit about him from Candy and George's conversation about Curley's appearance in chapter two I think?
You should also know that no one actually likes Curley, not even his wife. In one point of the novel Curley's wife tells either George or Lennie - again off the top of my head - that she does not like Curley because "he is mean" and "he ignores me".

Furthermore, you should know that Curley is not mentioned a lot in the novel, so the key parts he is involved in are: his introduction into the novel, the fight between him and Lennie, when he discovers his wife's death and when he is looking for and suspects that she might be with Slim.

Oh and Curley and Curley's wife are not actually shown to be together in one scene in the novel (except Curley's wife's death) so you can probably get some ideas off that.

Hope I helped in some way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending