The Student Room Group

How to achieve A* in FP23

Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 6.02.32 pm.png

I have looked through the grade boundaries for FP23 and I've that it's around 70 marks to get an A*. However those last 5 marks are very tricky to get IMO.

So guys how can I achieve those last 5 marks?
Reply 1
Perfect your knowledge, minimise silly mistakes, learn/practise checking your work efficiently and thoroughly ( to reduce silly mistakes), make sure you put all your method and working out clearly. Do all the past papers for your exam board, for all the other exam boards (skipping questions that aren't in your exam boards' syllabus), and every time you get anything wrong, even just 1 mark, make a note of why and what you have to remember/learn from it. Then just before your exam, read every single note that you have made, and you will have a quick brief of every mistake you have made and how now to repeat it.

Eat a banana on the morning of your exam.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dada55
Perfect your knowledge, minimise silly mistakes, learn/practise checking your work efficiently and thoroughly ( to reduce silly mistakes), make sure you put all your method and working out clearly. Do all the past papers for your exam board, for all the other exam boards (skipping questions that aren't in your exam boards' syllabus), and every time you get anything wrong, even just 1 mark, make a note of why and what you have to remember/learn from it. Then just before your exam, read every single note that you have made, and you will have a quick brief of every mistake you have made and how now to repeat it.

Eat a banana on the morning of your exam.

I did pretty much all the papers from my board expect the last 3 papers. Should I do OCR ones?
Reply 3
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
I did pretty much all the papers from my board expect the last 3 papers. Should I do OCR ones?

I don't know your priorities, but if you have the time or if the A* is a must then I would finish all your exam boards past papers and then quickly read the syllabus of some of the other exam board's FP2/FP3. The past papers of the one that matches your exam board the most will be most useful.

I'll just be wary of not having enough time to revise for other tests. Its all a gamble in the end of the day, as even if you know everything, making a small mistake can ruin it all because of ridiculously stupid grade boundaries for the A* on Further maths units.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending