The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Science exam 19th May 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Random20
I'm starting to feel nervous and I have German exams tomorrow as well which doesn't help. Yeah B3 is definitely the most difficult!

i dont get the stuff about replication and mitosis and meiosis....cannot wait for it to be over....but the b4,b5 and b6 modules are way worse!
Original post by NooNoo1
i dont get the stuff about replication and mitosis and meiosis....cannot wait for it to be over....but the b4,b5 and b6 modules are way worse!

I really don't like B6, too many enzymes :wink:
Reply 22
Original post by Random20
I really don't like B6, too many enzymes :wink:

nah....b4 is the worst for me....to many plants :wink:
How did everyone do in their exams today? I do triple science too.
I am in year 10 so I did core science, meaning I did OCR Gateway B1 P1 C1.

Honestly, my feelings about the exam fluctuated A LOT during the exam.

Hashtag scared.

Anyone know when the results will be available?

And considering the B2, C2 P2 is in like a few weeks....
....the stress just mounts on!
Original post by thelostrebel
How did everyone do in their exams today? I do triple science too.
I am in year 10 so I did core science, meaning I did OCR Gateway B1 P1 C1.

Honestly, my feelings about the exam fluctuated A LOT during the exam.

Hashtag scared.

Anyone know when the results will be available?

And considering the B2, C2 P2 is in like a few weeks....
....the stress just mounts on!

Hi I did this exam we have got b2,c2,p2 on 6th june - scared. How did you find todays exam? What percentage did you get for the punnet square diagram?
I got 25%
Reply 26
i got 75% how did u guys get 25%??
Reply 27
I've done this exam today, it's wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but the biology questions and 6 marks questions were hard. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Do any of you know like all the answers you put down..??
Original post by sarahussainxxx
Hi I did this exam we have got b2,c2,p2 on 6th june - scared. How did you find todays exam? What percentage did you get for the punnet square diagram?

Hiiiiiiii
Yup same, have the exam on 6th June too! I'm super scared because apparently that's harder!

I got 25%... what about you?

I made so many silly mistakes I think though- those 6 Mark Questions seemed so simple, but they were hard. What did you find the hardest?
I seemed to find biology the hardest- and chemistry the easiest.
For the graph with the carbon atoms and boiling points, I got around 37 degrees Celsius for the whatever they asked. What abut you?
^^ Not sure if that makes sense but whatevs loll.

Most people in my school found the exam super, super hard; some people didn't even complete it! I'm normally okay with exams but this kinda threw me off a little :/
Original post by rohan taneja
i got 75% how did u guys get 25%??

I got 25% too-
Because-

Both the parents are carriers- they don't have the condition.
Father- Aa
Mother- Aa

(idk how to draw genetic diagrams on here but) Four possibilities:

AA-doesn't have condition.
Aa-Carrier for the condition.
Aa-Carrier for the condition.
aa- has the condition.

Since there are 4 possibilities and 1 child with the condition,the answer would be 1/4 = 25%

Hope this (kinda) helped!
(edited 9 years ago)
To be honest I just want to know my grade!
September feels too far away!

As regards to knowing the answers- I remember most of my answers, but not questions (whoops!)
Maybe we would go better if we went in chronological order- what did you guys put for the first question? The fucntion of the iris? I did it controls the amount of light that goes into the eye.
Idk about the second question, but I remember I was feeling really anxious when answering that- I wrote something about the lens focuses the light onto the retina which contains light receptors or something!
Reply 32
Yeah i put that for 1 and two and it is 75% guys because if you think about it there are three dominant ones and each punnet represents 25% and then you add each punnet with a dominant allele so i think you guys are wrong and im right

#Best in the world
Hiiiiiiii
Yup same, have the exam on 6th June too! I'm super scared because apparently that's harder!

I got 25%... what about you?

I made so many silly mistakes I think though- those 6 Mark Questions seemed so simple, but they were hard. What did you find the hardest?
I seemed to find biology the hardest- and chemistry the easiest.
For the graph with the carbon atoms and boiling points, I got around 37 degrees Celsius for the whatever they asked. What abut you?
^^ Not sure if that makes sense but whatevs loll.

Most people in my school found the exam super, super hard; some people didn't even complete it! I'm normally okay with exams but this kinda threw me off a little :/

Hi I found the exam ok some parts I knew and some was unsure. Me too I got 25 % and I got 35 for the melting point one. Do you want to go in order and discuss what answers we got?
Yeah i put that for 1 and two and it is 75% guys because if you think about it there are three dominant ones and each punnet represents 25% and then you add each punnet with a dominant allele so i think you guys are wrong and im right

#Best in the world

Alright you don't need to brag saying you got It right you don't even know that yet u show of
Original post by sarahussainxxx
Hi I found the exam ok some parts I knew and some was unsure. Me too I got 25 % and I got 35 for the melting point one. Do you want to go in order and discuss what answers we got?

Yup sure!
Yeah I think it was 25% because it wasn't asking for the dominant allele, but rather the chance of actually inheriting the condition. I could be wrong though, byt yeah loll.

Yeah that'd be great.
For the 1st question I got "controls the amount of light which enters the eye" and the second part to that I'm not really sure loll, but I did something along the lines of taling about the lens and photoreceptors and retina loll.
Wbu?
Reply 36
hahah ok Sara sorry
Yup sure!Yeah I think it was 25% because it wasn't asking for the dominant allele, but rather the chance of actually inheriting the condition. I could be wrong though, byt yeah loll.Yeah that'd be great.For the 1st question I got "controls the amount of light which enters the eye" and the second part to that I'm not really sure loll, but I did something along the lines of taling about the lens and photoreceptors and retina lol. wbu what did u write?
Reply 38
i said that it the light converges in bending the light ray so it meets the retina in order to see the image clearly
i said that it the light converges in bending the light ray so it meets the retina in order to see the image clearly

Yeah I think the answer was something like that-as long as you mentioned the retina or an eye part, you should get at least one mark (I think it was our of two, right?).

Quick Reply

Latest